Chapter 36: I will follow you

Rosy's POV

All five evolved men seemed to be in some kind of headache. I learned that their chips had been deactivated.

"Do you think they're okay?" Max asked.

"Even if they are deactivated, we must see how to remove them safely," said his brother.

They seemed fine, but my Acrux... I approached slowly. He had his eyes closed and a hand on his forehead. He opened his eyes and blinked in confusion.

He looked around, fully alert, then locked his gaze with mine. My heart shrank, and my tears flowed without permission. I hugged him tightly, wrapped in silent tears, knowing he had forgotten me again.

"Maybe you don't recognize me at all, and you're confused," I told him with a broken voice, "but I want to tell you that everything is going to be fine; no one will hurt you... and I love you." I trembled at helplessness. "I love you. I will follow you, no matter what you decide next..."

Someone grabbed my shoulders to pull me away, so I did.

"Don't cry," Acrux asked, looking at me with concern.

I nodded and tried to clean my face. Max, who had pulled me to the side, patted my head.

"National Security Officer," he said to my confused EH. "You don't have to remember me for now, but don't worry, we're friends. I'll briefly explain everything that happened..."

The other evolved men looked at me. Alpha came and put his hand on my shoulder to encourage me. He was hurt, but he held it until someone called him to help him. I took a deep breath and looked down, closing my eyes. The cold of loneliness ran through me, but everything was better if my Acrux was alive. If that chip had self-destructed, I wouldn't have been able to see him anymore, which would have broken my soul.

I would have the opportunity to make him fall in love with me again. The chance to continue making him happy, no matter if, at first, he still didn't remember me. Whether he did or not, I was going to continue loving him. I was going to continue being by his side.

***

Having already freed the evolved people and arrested the men who broke the laws, the police were preparing to withdraw, and so were we. The general said goodbye to Max with a military salute, and he came over and thanked me.

"They wouldn't have believed it if you hadn't insisted on showing them the evidence. Good job."

"Thank you."

He nodded and left. I looked at the others.

"It's over, gentlemen," Max told the EH. "Thank you. It's been a pleasure. Let's go to the fort. You can rest there until you return to your towns."

I approached Acrux, who was leaning against a nearby wall, arms crossed, watching.

"Do you feel better?"

"Yes... So it's all been true. Now my chip is deactivated."

I swallowed hard.

"What do you remember?"

"I remember something, but it's very blurry or fleeting." He rubbed his head. "It seems that it's already getting clear, and then not. I only know that my mom may be waiting for me. They tell me that I even found Meadow. It relieves me."

I saddened

"Am I familiar to you?"

He looked at me intensely, studying me with those honey eyes that no longer expressed love for me.