Chapter 7: Wanting to impress her

After reviewing the construction documents for a while, training a bit, and thinking from time to time about Rosy's embrace, I heard them talking in the cafeteria. They were Max and Tania, who apparently were bothering Sirius for being married. Humans didn't consider his union to be official. I vaguely remembered that they always stayed together if someone joined with a partner. It was like a kind of bond of friendship and team. But for humans, perhaps that didn't exist.

"Yeah, right," Max scoffed. "You don't even lead a life as a couple. You just hang out together. That's not it. There are a lot of things you don't understand about couples..."

Sirius stood up after grunting, and they both froze.

"I'm not interested or curious about dating other women..."

I sighed and moved closer. They shouldn't bother him. Although I didn't know what they meant by "life as a couple," he was crazy enough to be here and not in his city, along with someone not of our species. After making a couple of threats at them, he left the place.

Max and Tania looked at each other in surprise.

"He's taking his supposed union so serious," Tania snorted in disappointment.

"It's eternity," I spoke. They both looked at me. "That ring is one of the symbols that we respect the most. It can be said that it is sacred, and no one has to question it."

Someone had already said those words to me, so I repeated them. I also felt that I had already said them before.

I also left the place, meeting the cars. They were very badly parked as we tried to practice a little earlier. I pushed Sirius's car and called him. He, who was already a bit far away, stopped.

"This one is yours, remember?" I gave it another hard shove, and the car rolled onto him. He thanked me and pushed it away.

Upon returning, I heard Max and Tania keep talking.

"Are you going out with your boyfriend today too?"

"I'm bored of him. I want something more exciting." She stopped fixing her hair and glanced at me, smiling.

"I have a question... How do you humans come together?" I wanted to know.

Max laughed, causing Tania to slap him on the shoulder. "Don't be mean."

"If Mom Cat and Dad Cat like each other..." He got slapped again and sighed. "Okay. We... uh, we kiss," he murmured reluctantly.

"Kiss. How?"

"I can teach you, kitty," Tania offered. "It's sticking your lips to the skin and mouth of another person."

I frowned. I didn't like that she called me kitty because I had nothing to do with that animal, and I didn't like the tone in which she said it. That hideous electricity current ran through me and made me shudder.

The image of the woman with honey eyes like mine appeared. She had once pressed her lips to my forehead, but the idea of ​​me doing that with another person gave me a shudder I didn't like at all.

After lunch, the curly girl didn't come. I looked to the other side of the fence, hoping to see her, but nothing. It certainly seemed that she was not going to arrive. I sighed. The day ended, and I returned to my gloomy room.

Why did I miss her? I missed her scent of strawberries. Did she stop caring about me?

And why was I wondering all that? As if something like that were possible. Yeah sure. I was just an evolved man and a murderer. It didn't matter if I didn't do it on purpose. Nothing would change that fact about me.