Chapter 20: Rescue him

Rosy's POV

I was breathing anxiously while Max tried to call Acrux, but he didn't answer. Almost seven days had gone by without him giving any sign.

"The phone is off," Max grumbled. "Well, I thought he would help..."

I let out a groan of anguish. Marien put her hands on my shoulders so I wouldn't worry, but that didn't work. All I wanted was to see him come back. I had asked Max daily to let me know where he was and if he could ask him. I was ready to look for him, but he didn't answer. His cell phone was always turned off.

Even if he never wanted to see me, he wouldn't cut off communication with Max because he wanted to find the one who had killed his brother, so it didn't make sense.

"Something must have happened to him," I muttered.

"Or he forgot that the phone needs to be recharged."

"These are also charged by sunlight."

"We'll go to his town," Max said. "Only me. Maybe he's just taking a vacation with his family or girlfriend."

My heart clenched at the pain that caused me. Marien noticed it.

"Don't worry. If he was so determined to find the murderer, I don't think he'd leave it like that," she assured.

"I'll go with you," Sirius told Max. "If something has happened..."

"Sirius," Marien interrupted, concerned.

"Your friend is distressed," he replied. "If I was the missing one, wouldn't you want someone to go for me?"

She tensed. I understood her concern. He had already been taken away from her once, and she wasn't going to bear it happening again. And now I was close to falling into that same despair.

"We'll all go now."

Sirius opened his mouth to complain, but Max spoke:

"Don't start another discussion here."

"You do not go."

"I'm going where you go whether you like it or not," Marien declared.

Max rolled his eyes, and we all jumped when his cell phone rang.

"It's Acrux," he said. I was surprised. "Now I have his location thanks to the mobile's GPS. Come on. Let's go."

"I'm going too," I said.

"Noooo!" he grumbled. "You'd get in the way! You and Marien, use your brain! You will get in the way. Silly!"

He earned Sirius's snarl.

"Don't insult them again, you hear me?" Sirius threatened.

Max snorted.

"Fine! Come! Let's bring a circus tent, too, just in case!" He withdrew and kicked an empty wrapping. "Let's take our pets also. They are great companions! Oh, and grandmothers, brothers, and grandchildren!" He raged as he walked away.

Marien released Sirius's arm and hugged him after a sigh.

For a moment, I felt guilty for involving them in this matter, but Sirius was the only one who could help, and maybe the brothers. I wanted my Acrux back, and I feared something had happened to him. It didn't matter if he continued to hate me. If I saw him safe, it would be enough for me.

We left after an hour after getting some things ready in the truck. Worry was eating me up. Max was looking at the red dot that indicated Acrux's location on the map while we were the blue one, getting closer.