Chapter 34: Start the end

Acrux's POV

I entered the room, and Meadow smiled with relief when she saw me. The light was off, but we could both see fine in the dark, so I didn't bother turning it on.

"Are you okay?"

"I wanted you to sleep with me."

What? I shook my head, but she knitted her eyebrows sadly, so I took a deep breath. It couldn't be.

"Meadow... I think you know I'm going to sleep with someone else." A couple of tears fell from her eyes, and guilt attacked me, along with my conscience, which had been silent for a long time without bothering me. "Please, don't..."

"Of course." She tried to wipe her tears. "I understand. Don't worry, go. I won't be a burden," she sobbed.

"Hey. You are not."

I went over to calm her down.

"I wish they hadn't found me if I was going to be disturbing like this."

"Enough." I took her by the shoulders, but she pushed me away.

"No. You smell like her."

"Obviously."

"Stay until I fall asleep at least," she asked, planting her sad eyes again.

My lips formed a single line. I looked at the ceiling for a second and at her again.

"I'll stay." I sat in the chair near her bed. "Try to rest so you get better, okay?"

"Yes," she said more happily. "Knowing that you take care of me, I will."

I leaned back and stared at the ceiling. I stayed like that for several minutes until I heard her speak.

"Do you think I'll find someone from our town?"

I remembered those who attacked us while we were traveling to this city.

"Hopefully, not all of them."

They wouldn't have any problems with her, so I didn't worry, but that didn't take away that their accusations bothered me.

I blinked a few times sleepily as I snapped open my eyes. Meadow was fast asleep, and I realized I had also fallen asleep. I felt annoyed by my clumsiness. That 'close your eyes for a minute' saying was not reliable.

Upon entering my room, I saw Rosy asleep on the bed, lying on her side, highlighting her beautiful shapes, waist, and hips. I sighed, resigned. After getting ready to sleep, I also crawled up onto the mattress against my girl's body. She was only in her nightgown and didn't seem to be wearing any other clothes. I verified it by sliding my hand from her thigh to near her hips.

"I was waiting for you," she murmured sleepily.

I moved her curls as she turned to look at me. She smiled sadly and clung to me, lying half asleep on my chest. I stroked her hair and played with her curls.

"Forgive me," I whispered, wrapping my arms around her. "It won't happen again, I promise."

I made a mistake. My Rosy was first. She was my eternal companion now. I had to and wanted to give her priority. That was how it was going to be. I was going to be more careful.

My own muffled moan woke me up in the early morning. The burning pleasure and heat were coursing through my veins. I gasped and tried to sit up and watch, but she pushed me back onto the mattress. Her tongue ran from my belly and up to my lips. How was it possible for my lower part to start without me? But having her on top, with me about to be hers in that intense and carnal way, I stopped caring for anything else.