Dragon training part 1

As the morning came, the gang quickly made their way towards the arena where Hiccup is supposed to meet them. All of them were very excited at the thought of riding a Dragon. Arriving at the arena they saw Hiccup waiting for them. He was in his casual clothes and Toothless was standing beside him.

"Good morning Hiccup!" They greeted him as they stood in the middle of the arena.

"Good morning everyone." Hiccup greeted them back.

"Now as you know, your training starts from today." Hiccup began as he began pacing in front of them "From today, you're going to learn how to tame a Dragon and ride one. Now, to tame a Dragon you first have to form a bond with them. It's the most important part in taming a Dragon. A bond is formed by showing a Dragon that you trust them. Once the bond is formed, you can began training with them and strengthen your bond through the training." Hiccup explained.

"Okay, but how are we gonna do all that?" Fishlegs asked.

"Follow me." Hiccup said and lead them to the 'Dragon mountain'.

Once reaching the place they were once again stunned by the sight of Dragons. Hiccup led them towards a group of Dragons who were playing nearby. A blue and yellow scaled Nadder noticed them. The Nadder walked towards them. This Nadder was none other than Stormfly. The gang halted as they saw her approaching them. Hiccup suddenly grabbed Astrid's hand and they walked towards Stormfly. Closing the distance between them and the Dragon, Hiccup proceeded to put Astrid's hand on Stormfly's snout. Stormfly suddenly let out a low growl which freaked out Astrid a bit as she tried to pull her hand away. But Hiccup stopped her and put her hand on Stormfly's snout. Astrid was a little scared at first but after a few moments her fear went away as she looked into the eyes of the Nadder. Others who were watching her could feel something being exchanged between the Dragon and the Shield maiden in front of it.

"Do you feel it?" Hiccup asked.

"Yes." Astrid said in amazement "Yes I do."

Astrid smiled at the beast in front of her as she could feel a bond forming between them. She touched Stormfly's face with her free hand and Stormfly happily chirped at that. She in return licked Astrid's face. Astrid backed away a bit, trying to clear the Dragon saliva from her face as she giggled. The gang and Hiccup also laughed at that.

"Looks like you two bonded quite well." Hiccup commented.

"Yeah. What's his name?" Astrid asked.

"Astrid, it's a she and her name is Stormfly." Hiccup told her.

"Oh, that's a nice name for such a beautiful creature." Astrid said, petting her Dragon.

"Yup. Now let's go. The others need their own Dragons too." Hiccup announced.

Rest of the gang grinned and excitedly looked at the Dragons playing around. After sometime all of them had a Dragon for themselves. Tuffnut Ruffnut ended up sharing Barf and Belch. They bonded quite quickly. Probably because of their similar personality and the friendship they built over the period of time the twins were here. Fishlegs bonded with Meatlug. And finally, against all odds, Snotlout somehow managed to bond with Hookfang. It was still beyond Hiccup how Snotlout managed to do it. After they were done bonding with their Dragons Hiccup brought them back to his forge.

"What are we doing here Hiccup? Aren't we supposed to learn how to ride Dragons now?" Snotlout asked.

"Yes. And that's why you're gonna need these." Hiccup said as he came out of the forge, carrying multiple saddles.

"This will make the flight more comfortable." Hiccup said as he put down the saddles on the ground.

"Woah! Where did you get these?" Tuffnut asked in awe.

"Oh these? I had some spare saddles laying around. Thought why not put them to good use." Hiccup told him.

"So when are we gonna start the training?" Astrid asked.

"Considering the fact that you all now have bonded with a Dragon, I say we begin today." Hiccup said with a grin.