Duel

The fear among the Vikings slowly subdued as they noticed Night rider's figure. He was quite thin and small compared to an average Viking. He would be hardly 6ft 2inch tall. He was wearing a black leather armour with a hooded cloak. The texture of the cloak resembled the scales of a Nightfury. He was wearing a masked helmet with the hood pulled over his head. A staff was strapped on his back.

(A/N:- The armour of Night rider  looks like Hiccup's armour from HTTYD 2, but it's completely black in colour and the helmet is same as shown in HTTYD 2 but it doesn't have the spikes.)

Who are you?" The man asked in a deep voice. Stoick stepped forward and said,"I am Stoick 'The Vast' Haddock! Chief of the Hairy hooligan tribe!" The Vikings felt more confident as their fear vanished when they saw their chief standing up against the Night rider.

I suppose you are Night rider." Stoick scoffed. "Yes I am." Night rider said. "I have heard many stories about you." Stoick said as he looked at the dragon rider and continued "But now it feels like those were just stories." The Vikings laughed at this. Snotlout, Tuffnut and Ruffnut were the loudest.

The dragons were clearly not amused at this. The were about to attack but Night rider stopped them with a hand gesture. "Now that we are done with introduction, I would like you to leave my island." He said. "We don't take orders from you!" Snotlout spat as he stepped forward.

The dragons growled but Night rider stopped them again. "I will not ask again. LEAVE!" Night rider said as the Nightfury roared. "Stoick, it 'ight be a wise choice. I mean look at 'im he got a entire battalion of dragons." Gobber told his friend, but Stoick wasn't having any of it.

We are Vikings! We have faced things worse than a twig and a group of dragons! We aren't afraid of you!" Stoick proclaimed. Behind him the Vikings cheered in agreement. Night rider pulled out his staff and got into a battle stance along with the dragons.

The Vikings got nervous at this and gripped their weapons tighter. "Look, I don't like blood shed." Night rider said as he put off of his stance and struck the ground with his staff. The staf stood tall as it's one end was buried in the ground as Night rider walked a few steps away from it.

The dragons also put off their stance and they backed away, even the Nightfury. "So why not we get done with this with as less bloodshed as possible." Night rider said and continued "I see you have some very strong warriors among yourselves." He gestured at the Vikings and continued "I challenge your men in a duel, send your best warriors, as many as you want, you may use whatever weapon you wish. If any of your men manages to defeat me I will leave this island with my dragons. But if you lose, you will leave this island and never come back."

The Vikings gasped and whispered among themselves as they heard the proclamation of Night rider. Stoick was shocked to see that a weakling like him is challenging them for a duel. "Huh! A weakling like you are challenging us for a Duel?" Stoick scoffed and continued "You might end up using one of your dragons." "Don't worry about that. The dragons won't interfere in the duel. You have my words." Night rider said and the dragons, including the Nightfury, backed away more, leaving a lot of ground for the Vikings and Night rider to fight.

"Someone like you, will be trying to fight us Vikings? I can defeat you in less than a moment." Snotlout said. Night rider crossed his arms behind his back and said,"Many said that to me before."

"Do we have a deal?" Stoick suddenly asked. "Stoick. What are ya doing?" Gobber asked him but Stoick ignored Gobber and asked again "Do we have a deal?" "Yes." Night rider calmly said.

Stoick are ya out yar Odin forsaken mind!?" Gobber nearly yelled. "Gobber think about this. This island is big and resourceful. We can build a new Berk here, and for that we only have to defeat him." Stoick told his friend. "But he is Night rider!" Gobber nearly yelled "Haven't you heard all the stories of what he can do?" Stoick sighed and said,"Gobber look at the situation. He is just a twig against a whole group of big strong Vikings. The odds are in our favour now." "Stoick this can be a mistake." Gobber warned. "I don't have time for this Gobber." Stoick said and walked away from his friend.