Downed

It had been a month since Hiccup's return to Berk. A month since they have made peace with Dragons. Many had gotten accustomed to this new way of life. It wasn't an uncommon sight to see Gustav, one of the village kids, playing fetch with his Monstrous Nightmare, or Village elder Gothi with a folk of Terrible Terrors hovering around her.

But talks and gossip about the famed Night rider was still circulating around the village. At first, the villagers were all glad for the help. But as time went on, the feeling of guilt grew harder for them to bear. They all had regrets regarding how they had treated their former heir in the past. 

At the present moment, Hiccup was working in the forge. Ever since he returned, he had opted to spend his time working in the forge when he's not teaching people how to train Dragons or consulting how to improve Berk. On the other side of the forge, leaning against the wall, Toothless was lightly dozing. 

Despite the loud clanging noises of metal hitting metal, the Nightfury had somehow managed to fall asleep. 

Hiccup glanced at his sleeping friend and couldn't stop himself from smiling. The past month has been a crazy ride. But now things are going better. His friends, Heather and Thuggory had also volunteered to help train the people of Berk alongside Astrid and the gang.

Suddenly a man came inside the forge.

"Hiccup! There's a man who wants to see you." He said.

Hiccup was a bit shocked at the news, but nodded. He woke Toothless up and informed him about the situation and they both followed the man to the village plaza where the person, who wanted to see Hiccup, will be found.

Once entering the plaza, the first thing that caught Hiccup's eye was the green and red Rumblehorn standing in the middle. And then he noticed him. A tall man with a muscular build, long black hair tied in a ponytail and a tattoo on his chin.

"Eret!" Hiccup exclaimed.

Eret Eretson is a former Dragon trapper and one of Hiccup's allies and close friends. Eret and his men were the main people who gathered all the news regarding Dragon hunters and Dragon trafficking for him.

"Hiccup." Eret said and they both embraced each other.

"What brings you here, my friend?" Hiccup asked as he pulled away.

"I got some news. Very important news. I heard from Camicazi that you're here, and since Terror mail isn't exactly popular in these areas yet, I came myself." Eret replied.

Hiccup glanced around and then gestured to Eret to follow him. He led him through the village to the forge. Once inside the building, Hiccup once again made sure they were alone and asked Eret about the news.

"There's a rumour going on among Dragon hunters. A big shipment of captured Dragons will be making its way through the northern seas tonight." Eret explained. 

"I'm not having a good feeling about this one though. The circumstances regarding this rumour…… it just doesn't feel right." Eret said in concern. 

"Hmmm. Don't worry about it, Eret. I'll look into it. You should get yourself some rest. You must be tired from all the travelling. You can ask anyone to lead you to the Dragon arena. You will find Heather and Thuggory there." Hiccup said.

"Okay." Eret said as he prepared to leave, "Just, be safe buddy."

"Sure will." Hiccup replied.

Once Eret had left, Hiccup and Toothless quickly made their way to their camp. Even though the people of Berk were more than willing to share their house with Hiccup, he opted to stay in a camp he had set up in the cove.