Sick Dragons

It's been almost a month since their date. Although Hiccup and Astrid tried to keep it a secret, somehow Ruffnut managed to learn about their relationship and quickly spread it among the others. It would be an understatement to say the others were shocked. Fishlegs was happy about them. Tuffnut, well he kept pondering Hiccup for advice on how to get a girl. As for Snotlout, he was clearly shaken by the news. He tried to throw a tantrum, but at the end accepted it. Ruffnut on the other hand would never miss a chance to tease them. Hiccup and Astrid slowly got used to it. At the present time the said couple were walking around the Dragon mountain, chatting with each other and enjoying the moments of peace.

"And then Toothless took it personally and did a backflip, making me fall down in the pond." Hiccup enthusiastically told her.

Astrid laughed at that. It took her some time to control her laughter and then she said,"I can't believe you two would do something like that."

"Hey, I might be the legendary Night rider, but it doesn't hurt to have some fun once in a while." Hiccup told her and they shared another laugh.

Suddenly a cry of a Dragon caught their attention. They looked at the direction where the sound came from and once locating the source they quickly went over there. Once reaching there they found some Dragons surrounding a Typhoomerang. It was lying on the ground and by the looks it seemed something was causing it a great amount of pain. The Dragons looked concerned about their friend's situation. Once they noticed Hiccup there they quickly stepped aside to let Hiccup have a good look on the Typhoomerang. Hiccup kneeled beside it as he examined the Typhoomerang. But soon another cry startled him. He looked around and found another Dragon crashing on the ground. Hiccup looked around in panic as he found more sick Dragons.

(Some time later)

Hiccup was frantically flipping through the pages of the book in his hand. There were more books on the table. Some were lying open while the others were closed. Hiccup was currently in the library, looking for something in the various books that he had gathered on the table. The gang was also present in the room. All of them seemed worried. Especially Astrid, who was looking at her boyfriend with concern.

"Hiccup, what's happening to the Dragons?" Fishlegs asked him.

"That's an old disease, Fish. It only affects the Dragons, causing excruciating pain and exhaustion. It weakens their body to a level that even a normal non fatal illness can cause them death." Hiccup informed him while continuing his search.

Knowing this information made the gang gasp in shock and fear.

"Are-Are they going to be okay?" Snotlout asked.

"Luckily, yes. It's not highly contagious. The sick Dragons are right now being kept separate and there's a cure for it."

Knowing there is a cure, everyone's face lit up.

"Really?" Ruffnut asked excitedly.

"Yes. It's not the first time this has happened. It happened in the past once. I found a cure for it during that time."

"So why don't we use it?" Astrid asked, feeling confused at why Hiccup was going through books rather than doing that.

"Because I might have all the ingredients for the cure present at the island, but there is one key ingredient that is needed for it and it can only be found at a special island." Hiccup told them. His frustration could be easily noticed in his voice.

The gang was in silence after learning that. After some more time of searching, Hiccup suddenly exclaimed "Ah hah!" And held up a folded piece of paper. He went over to another table and unfolded the paper and laid it down on the table. The gang surrounded him as he did so.