Healed

The scent of burning wood filled Hiccup's senses as he slowly opened his eyes. He blinked a few times to let his eyes adjust to the light, and when they did, he was surprised to find himself inside a room. Hiccup glanced around, taking in details of the room he was in. It didn't take long for him to realise who's room it was.

It was his very own room. The room he resided in during his time at Berk before running away.

Hiccup's eyes then fell on the mass of black lying on the floor next to his bed. "Toothless?"

The Nightfury's ears perked up as he heard his name being called. He looked up and his eyes widened as he saw Hiccup. "Hiccup!" He immediately lunged at his friend, nudging and licking him.

"Hey-hey, easy bud, Tooth-ough!"

As it appears, Toothless, in his excitement, had accidentally placed his paw in a place where paws shouldn't be placed. Hiccup groaned after Toothless moved away from his place on top of him and crooned apologetically.

Hiccup glanced at his room once again. "Uh, I am in... my room." He glanced back at Toothless. "And you're in here too. Does-does Stoick know you're here?"

"Yeah. He didn't mind me staying over here."

"Uh huh." Hiccup absentmindedly responded while he got out of the bed.

But Hiccup had underestimated how weak his body still was and soon found out about it the hard way as when he tried to stand up, he almost fell over. His face would have been on the floor, if it wasn't for Toothless, who came to Hiccup's rescue just in time and placed himself beneath Hiccup to break his fall.

"Thanks bud."

The Dragon just crooner softly in response and helped Hiccup get out of the room. They were half way down the stairs, when someone suddenly called out "Hiccup?" They looked towards the source of the voice. It was Stoick.

The chief of Berk was staring at them with his mouth a gap. They descended the final few steps as Stoick went over to them and held Hiccup as he descended the final step.

"Are you okay? Any pain or something?" Stoick asked.

"Uh,...no." Hiccup answered, feeling a bit awkward under Stoick's attention. "Um, how long was I out?"

"From yesterday night. You had us worried."

An awkward silence lingered between them after Stoick finished his sentence. Neither of them knew what to say or if they even wanted to say anything.

"Uh, um, you want some breakfast? I don't think you've eaten anything since noon yesterday. You must be starving." Stoick suddenly said, deciding to break the silence.

"Yes please." Hiccup replied.

Stoick nodded and led Hiccup to the dining room. They both sat in silence as Hiccup devoured his bowl of soup. Neither said anything and Hiccup looked really absent minded. As if he was deeply thinking about something.

Stoick sat on another chair, avoiding to look at Hiccup and instead opted to stare into the mug full of juice of fruits.

"Stoick, I think we need to talk." Hiccup suddenly said.

Stoick looked at him, surprised with that. "Uhm, okay. Uh, what do you want to talk about?"

"Us." Hiccup said,"I want to talk about us."

Stoick was dumbfounded by what Hiccup said and he continued,"When I left Berk, it wasn't just because I wanted to protect Dragons. I also left because of you."