The Date

Astrid was standing outside of Hiccup's house. She had told Ruffnut about her upcoming date with the said Dragon rider and Ruffnut had agreed to keep the rest of the gang busy so that they wouldn't interrupt her date. She was dressed in her normal clothes since the only extra clothes she had were the ones provided by Hiccup. She was starting to get a little impatient as Hiccup was nowhere to be seen. She suddenly heard some flapping sounds over her and looked up to see Toothless hovering over her. Toothless then landed in front of her and Hiccup was on his back, wearing a casual outfit as well.

"Hey Astrid." He greeted her and she returned the gesture.

"Sorry if I kept you waiting." Hiccup quickly said as he helped her hop on Toothless's back.

"It's okay Hiccup. So we're going?" Astrid asked.

"It's a surprise, Astrid. You have to wait to find out." Hiccup told her as he mounted Toothless and the Dragon shot up towards the sky.

Astrid yelped and tightly wrapped her arms around his chest as Toothless was flying at a much higher speed than she was used to, but she soon got used to it and loosened her grip on Hiccup. Unnoticed by Astrid, Hiccup glared at his Draconic friend as he knew Toothless did that on purpose. Feeling his glare, Toothless twisted his head to have a good look at his rider and gave him a gummy smile. Hiccup just rolled his eyes and then they focused back on flying. After a long fight they had finally reached their destination. It was a small island a bit far away from Hiccup's island. They landed on a hill near the sea shore. Hiccup got down first and then helped Astrid to dismount Toothless. He then led Astrid to a tree. Astrid gasped once they reached it. Under the tree, in front of them was a picnic with an actual picnic basket on a red blanket.

"A picnic?" Astrid said in shock as she looked at Hiccup "You made us a picnic?"

Hiccup shylly rubbed the back of his neck as he said,"Yeah...... sorry, couldn't come up with anything more fancy."

"Hiccup... it's amazing." Astrid assured him "To be honest, it's great for a first date."

"Wait, you never went on a date before?" Hiccup asked her in shock.

"No. Most of the boys back on Berk mostly were jerks and only wanted me for my body. So I had rejected most of them. Even had to send some of them to Gothie's hut."

Both of them had a good laugh after hearing that.

"What about you?" Astrid asked him.

"Well, I did a few times, but none of them were exactly my type. Most of the girls out there either wanted me only for my fame or to leech off me." Hiccup said.

"Oh."

After a brief pause Astrid said,"Let's get started with the date, shall we."

And with that they sat down on the blanket and began eating the food Hiccup had brought for the date. Toothless was smart enough to leave the two young adults alone as he flew away but stayed close by. Astrid and Hiccup were silently eating, enjoying the scenery around them and the peace they had between them. Hiccup had prepared some steak, baked potatoes, fish and an apple pie for them. He also brought a small barrel of mead and two jugs.

"Wow, you made an apple pie!" Astrid said in shock.

"Yeah. I know it's your favourite...... so, I made one for you." Hiccup said.

"Thanks Hicc." Astrid thanked him as she took a bite off the pie and moaned in delight at the taste.

After some time of staying silent, Hiccup decided to break the silence.

"So,... How have ya been doing since, you know I left?" Hiccup began.

"Well things haven't been that bad. And ever since you took down the Red Death, Berk has been doing fairly well since Dragons stopped raiding us. I managed to finish my training and become a Shield maiden." Astrid said.