Trying to fix the mess

When Astrid returned to the camp with her parents, she found Stoick standing in their path. He was probably waiting for them. Astrid's parents gave Stoick a wary look as they noticed their chief. Ingrid's grip tightened around Astrid's arm while Harold stepped forward, presenting himself as a shield between his family and Stoick.

"No need for alarm Harold. I came here to just talk with Astrid." Stoick calmly said.

Harold and Ingrid didn't look convinced as they still looked sceptical. Stoick also noticed this.

"You can stay here if you worry about her safety." Stoick added.

Both Harold and Ingrid looked at Astrid. The blonde girl in question looked at them with uncertainty in her eyes. She looked back at Stoick and decided to take the chance. She nodded at her parents. Learning about their daughter's wish, Harold and Ingrid stepped away from Astrid. They looked at her with concern as she stepped forward.

"What do you want, Stoick?" Astrid asked.

Stoick sighed as he noticed the harsh tone in her voice. But honestly, he couldn't blame the girl for behaving like that towards him. He knew he had messed up, and it was about time he did something.

"Astrid, I need you to take me to Hiccup." Stoick stated.

"Why? So that you can kill him? Haven't you done enough damage, Stoick?" Astrid angrily said.

"I don't have any intentions like that. I just want to speak with Hiccup." Stoick defended himself, but Astrid didn't look convinced. So Stoick sighed and said,"Look, Astrid, I know you don't like me after what I have done. But I am asking you to give me a chance. A chance to fix all this. Please Astrid."

Astrid was shocked by Stoick's statement. She had never seen Stoick so desperate before.

"And how am I supposed to trust you after all that?" Astrid questioned.

"I know you have no reason to trust me, but I assure you Astrid. I really do want to correct my mistakes." Stoick said and looked down, his voice sounding heavier than usual.

Astrid was debating in her mind, if she should trust Stoick. As much as she doesn't trust him after what he had done, she could notice the guilt and desperation in his voice. After thinking and debating her choices for a long while, Astrid finally made up her mind.

"I will take you to him." Astrid said.

Stoick looked up, with hope glimmering in his eyes. But before he could say anything Astrid spoke "But if you try anything, I can't guarantee your safety."

Stoick just nodded at the condition. Astrid then led everyone back to the camp. On Astrid's directions, Stoick left all his at the camp and followed Astrid towards the centre of the island. But before they could get too far away from the camp, Gobber intervened.

"Where are ya two goin'?" Gobber asked them.

"Gobber, Astrid is taking me to Hiccup. I need to talk with him." Stoick said.

"Uh huh. A'ight. I am coming with ya." Gobber said.

"What!? Gobber, you can't come with us!" Stoick protested.

"Why not? I ain't gonna let ma bore headed friend do this alone. And it's been a long time since I last saw ma apprentice. So, let's go." Gobber said.

"Look, if you wanna join us Gobber, that's your choice. Just leave any weapons you may have on you here." Astrid said.

"Don't worry about that lass. There ain't anything on me." Gobber said as he held his hands, well a hand and a hook, up.

"Okay then. Follow me."

With that, they continued their journey. Astrid led them through the forest, until she found the familiar dirt road that leads to Hiccup's house. They walked along the dirt road. But before they continued further, two Deadly Nadders suddenly landed in front of them and snarled and growled at them, preventing them from going further. Stoick and Gobber panicked at the situation and reached for their weapons, only to remember they left them back at the camp, which made them panic even more.

Meanwhile Astrid tried to calm down the Dragons by using the tricks Hiccup taught her. But it didn't seem to work as the Dragons acted even more aggressive towards her. Astrid backed up in fear as the Dragons ignited their fire. But before they could cause any harm, suddenly Stormfly landed between the Nadders and Astrid. She angrily growled at them and the Nadders flew away in fear.

"Stormfly." Astrid said, gaining the Dragon's attention.

The blue and golden scaled Dragon looked at her. She initially looked happy to see her rider again, but then soon the happiness in her eyes was replaced by disappointment.

"Stormfly!" Astrid tried to reach out for her, but before she could Stormfly moved away from her as if she was disgusted.

Astrid looked back into Stormfly's eyes and saw the same disappointment in them. Stormfly gave a low squeak and flew away.

"Stormfly...." Astrid coaxed out as she felt tears forming in her eyes.

"Astrid..." Stoick tried to say something after watching the encounter.

"Don't!" Astrid growled "just, just keep walking. We shouldn't be too far."

And with that Astrid began walking again. Gobber and Stoick looked at each other with concern flashing in their eyes, before following after her. As much as they didn't understand Dragons, the strange encounter they just faced proved to them there was more to these beasts. And it was clear that Astrid had some sort of connection with the Nadder that just saved them.

After a long while of walking down the road, they finally reached their destination. Gobber and Stoick were at awe when they first saw Hiccup's mansion. But soon regained their composure as Astrid led them to the entrance of the house.

But before they could enter, the doors were suddenly flew open, revealing Hiccup. He looked angry.

"Why have you come here?" Hiccup coldly asked.

"Hiccup..." Astrid tried to say something, but Hiccup cut her off.

"Oh, let me guess. So, since your little invasion plan failed, you came here to assassinate me." Hiccup said.

"No! Hiccup, it's not like that-" Astrid tried to defend herself,

"Then what is it, Astrid! You betray me, break my heart, haven't you done enough! How much pain do you want to cause me before you think it's enough!" Hiccup yelled at her.

Hiccup's words deeply hurt her. But she knew he was right. She did hurt him and knowing that, made tears welled up in her eyes. Astrid couldn't hold back anymore and she ran away, sobbing as Hiccup's words rang in her ears.

Hiccup's gaze momentarily softened as he watched Astrid going away from him again. But he looked away from her retreating form. Hiccup closed his eyes as he took a moment to get his emotions in check, before looking at the two older Vikings standing in front of him.

"Now, what do you two want? Didn't I tell you to get lost." Hiccup growled at them.

"Hiccup, we-we came here to talk." Stoick said trying not to mess up.

"Well, we've talked now and so you should go." Hiccup said and proceeded to walk away.

"But our ships are down. They are way too damaged and it would take some time to repair them." Stoick said in an attempt to stop Hiccup.

Hiccup stopped and turned around and said,"I missed the part where that's my problem."

"'iccup, lad, please. Give us some time." Gobber requested.

Hiccup looked at Gobber and his gaze softened. He thought about something for a few moments before marching over to them.

"Fine. I will give you two days. But if any of your men try to trespass inside my island or attempt to harm my Dragons, I will have no mercy for you." Hiccup said and slammed the door shut on their face.

"Well, he took it bettah than I expected." Gobber told Stoick.

"What am I going to do Gobber." Stoick sighed.

He walked away and Gobber followed after him.