Fresh Meat

Cassie POV

So the summer holidays rolled around and I found myself once again stuck at Grimmauld Place, the house a lot emptier and colder since Sirius died. As usual I kept to myself; Lupin was busy with the ten meetings a day for the Order, the twins were at their joke shop and Harry haven't arrived yet, which meant Ron and Hermione were having a lot of hushed discussions between them. As per, I kept away.

But I felt lonelier than usual. Last year I had the secret release of writing to Malfoy, unknowing that a year of secret rendezvous and passionate hookups lay ahead; not to mention a brief relationship with a Weasley twin. Exciting times. But now everything was more serious.

As much as I trusted Malfoy (somehow), I knew I couldn't write to him. His father was in jail and he'd let slip himself that big things were coming and it was more than my life's worth to put the Order at risk, just to satisfy my teenage hormones. Plus I felt bad for Lupin who seemed particularly stressed recently and spent a lot of time murmuring gravely with Tonks. I left them to it. I saw the way she looked at him and I didn't want to deny him a chance at happiness.

I did occasionally speak to Ginny who was having her own hormonal frustrations, having just started dating Dean Thomas, much to Ron's usual disgust. But I was careful what I told her. It surprised me how much more I trusted Malfoy than the people on my own side.

Finally Harry arrived accompanied by Dumbledore and Ron and Hermione finally began talking to people other than each other again. I joined them upstairs, the only place remaining being Harry's battered trunk, which I sat gingerly on the edge of. They were deep in discussion about what the Order could be on about but I found my mind drifting as it often did.

"What do you think Cassie?" Hermione asked snapping me out of my torpor.

"Hm? About what?" I asked surprised that anyone actually cared for my opinion.

"Has Draco told you anything?" She asked, "Or you've seen something ?"

"What makes you think he'd tell me anything?" I asked laughing.

"Well I don't know," she said a little uncomfortably, "Maybe after you've y'know...you get to chat?"

"Is that what you thinks happens after sex?" I grinned at her flushed face, "We discuss You Know Who's plans together?"

"I still don't know how you could do that," Ron said suddenly stern, changing the subject away from Hermione's embarrassment, "Sleep with Draco Malfoy? How could you do that to your own brother?"

"Well I didn't mean to," I muttered now uncomfortable, "It just sort of happened."

"Sleep with your brother's arch nemesis and a Death Eater's son?" Ron sounded harsher than I ever had heard him before as he stood up folding his arms , "It just happens? What you fell over and fell on his dick? Yeah, nice one Cassandra Potter."

"Look," I said raising my voice equally sharply also rising, "It's not like I'm dating him; we slept together. It happens." I looked over at Harry who remained quiet, "I'm sorry Harry. And anyway," I rounded back on Ron, "Where's all this coming from? If Harry's got a problem, he can tell me himself. Plus, you said you were fine with it last term!"

"Yeah you being just casual friends," he rolled his eyes, "Didn't think we'd notice you weren't at the end of term feast did you? Off to meet your secret Slytherin Prince after he's just hexed your best friends? Tell him all Harry's little secrets after you're done shagging?"

"Snape gave us detention," I snapped so he was finally silent, "Didn't exactly have a choice there. Plus," I looked Ron up and down, "I thought best friends would understand that I'd never ever tell him anything about the Order; you seriously think I'd betray my own twin?" I was angry now. They still didn't trust me. "Your parents trust me enough to let me stay here. Snape is here too. Why don't you round on him instead?"