Library Date 💋💦

Warning: smut/spice/sex ⚠️

Cassie POV

I sank into a chair in the common room numbly, my hair still dripping wet. Hermione had just gravely informed me that Sirius had died and I suddenly felt dirtier than before I even got in the bath. Malfoy's dad had been involved-of course he had. This was exactly why I'd been keeping my distance from him; when I became lost in our intimate moments, it was easy to forget we were still on very different sides. Some Romeo and Juliet shit. I felt sick at the thought.

Thankfully Hermione thought I was too overwhelmed with Sirius' death to ask why I was felt so much worse about this. I felt like I'd betrayed Harry. What kind of sister was I?

A few days later, I headed to the Great Hall feast with just Ron and Hermione as Harry needed some time alone. We hurried along briskly as we were late but I slowed down instinctively when I spotted a familiar blonde boy  leaning on one of the Hogwarts balconies, staring out over the grounds.

I looked over confused; Malfoy never missed a feast. I wanted to go and check if he was ok but didn't want to overstep my mark. Or make it obvious to my friends that I was secretly seeing him again.

"Go on," came Hermione's voice and I turned to looked over at her. She was smiling wanly and nodded at Malfoy, "Go talk to him."

I was taken aback for a second, "Pardon?" I asked unsure if I heard that right, "What did you say?"

"I'm serious," she said eyes wide, punching my shoulder, "Look I don't know why and god knows how but I know he makes you happy. And that's more important. And we've just got to live with it." She glared at Ron who looked mildly intimidated, "And we won't tell the Order either.." she considered, "Unless we have to."

I looked over at Ron who shrugged hands in his pocket, "As long as he doesn't hang out with us I don't care"

"Guys..." I struggled to know what to say, "Where's this coming from? Why-"

"Just go!" interrupted Ron pushing me, "We're hungry."

I watched them both retreat into the Great Hall, a new wave of gratitude having washed over me, before heading slowly towards Malfoy.

I leant on the balcony next to him, shooting him a brief sideways glance. He looked mildly surprised to see me but didn't say anything.

"Hey," I said slowly treading water, "You alright?"

He stiffened and breathed deeply, and continued to stare straight ahead, "Everything's changing."

I paused for a second slightly taken aback. I'd briefly forgotten his father had been sent to Azkaban just this morning. No wonder he looked miserable.

"What do you mean?" I asked gently, "We've got the whole summer to go-"

"That's the problem Potter!" he interrupted, his voice suddenly raised, "Something is going to happen, I just know it."

"Like what?" I asked, now unsure of what he was on about. It was the first time he'd addressed me by my surname for a while.

His expression hardened again. But not into a look of anger or frustration-it was a brief flash of fear across his face.

"I just know," he said quietly, after a few brief moments of silence, "That I need to do something. That...He...he is going to make me do something."

My eyes widened, "You don't mean-"

"Yes," he cut across me again shortly, "Him."

I was too shocked to reply; for once he'd rendered me completely silent. I looked at him. Properly. The arrogance normally glowing around him had dampened.