Eight

~But every time you passed me by/ Every time I catch your eyes/ secretly I hope you stay and you'll look my way~

-Mitch's POV-

 “Mitch!!” He heard the familiar voice call out to him, and he felt himself slowly slip away.

 Mitch found himself watching the doctors zap his heart, trying to revive him. He heard the zaps, and watched as his body jolted upwards and landed back on the hospital bed.

 He heard crying coming from outside his door. He slowly walked towards the door and walked out of the room. He turned and saw Scott sitting in the row of chairs that sat outside his room.  He had his head in his hands, sobbing.

 “Its okay scott. I'm here.” Mitch knelt infront of the blonde, but he noticed that scott didn’t lift up his head.

 “Hes gone Kirstie. I lost him.” Scott sobbed.

 “He will be back.” Kirstie cried as she rubbed his shoulder.

 “I needed to tell him how I feel. Now hes gone.” Mitch felt butterflies in the pit of his stomach.

 “I love you scottie.” Mitch whispered as he placed  his hand ontop of his best friend's.

 Scott shivered as if he was cold, then he slowly lifted his head. Mitch stared into his bloodshot blue eyes, “I needed to tell him that I loved him and that I always loved him. But now its too late.”

 “No scott its not too late, I'm here now.” Mitch exclaimed as he stood up straighter.

 Why aren't they saying anything?! Then mitch realized that he was just a spirit. Running his hand through his hair, he paced back and forth.

 Then he heard someone softly singing and he realized that Avi and kevin were singing Run To You. Scott and Kirstie joined in and they sang through their tears.

 All of a sudden Mitch felt something pulling him and he stumbled back into the room. “Wait no no not now!” and then everything went black.

-Scott's POV-

 Scott felt a cold breeze blow in front of him and the image of Mitch flashed into his mind. “I needed to tell him that I loved him and that I always loved him. But now its too late.”

 Tears fell faster down his face and then he heard Avi and Kevin singing Run To You. Scott joined in, then Kirstie joined in but it didn't feel right with out mitch's part.  All of a sudden there was a gust of wind that blew past Scott, and they stopped singing, looking around to see where the wind came from. Then scott heard a low beeping of a heart monitor machine, and his heart fluttered and skipped a beat.

 “Mitch.” Scott whispered as he jumped up and rushed into the room, the others followed closely behind.

 The doctors gave them all a smile and exited the room to give them privacy with their friend.

 Scott went straight to mitch's bedside and took his hand in his hands. “Mitchie please you have to wake up.”

 Then just as scott went to let go of the brunette's hand, it gripped his hands softly.