Epilogue

"How are you, anak? Are you really sure you want to live alone? Are you okay?"

The calm voice of my mother asking me if I'm okay... makes me hurt. Behind the calm tone she has right now, it's opposite. Her soul and heart was on chaos, begging to be at peace.

I sighed and closed the curtains in my room. Now, it's dark. No brightness coming inside of my room. "I am, Ma. Just focus to your recovery," I said.

"How could I not? You're alone there, Nicholas."

"I can help my self. I'm not a child anymore."

"You're still a minor! Bakit hindi ka nalang kasi sumama sa Lolo at Lola mo-"

"I don't want them to be bothered anymore, Ma. We already made a lot of damage because of him. Besides, Lolo said I can visit the company and their house at Makati anytime."

As of now, my mother was living at California for her therapy. Counseling for what happened few years ago which also affect me.

Mama let out a sighed, "Okay. I understand. But promise me you will not ditch your therapy too. I want us to get better, anak. Please contact me too. Don't make me worry..."

To get better... How I wish that was easy. I also want to get better. I want these nightmares to go away. It's funny dahil matagal na siyang wala. He's sleeping at peace pero kami ng Mama ko, iniwan niyang agrabyado sa kamay niya.

I never thought he will become like that... A monster. He was a caring, loving and supportive father to me. I grew up seeing him and Mama in love to each other.

"Happy birthday, my baby Nico! Make a wish and blow the candle, anak!" Mama happily said to me.

I was smiling widely and look at the chocolate cake in front of me. There's a blue candle struck in the middle of the cake with fire lightning at the tip. I clasped my both hands, closing my eyes and wish.

My wish is just happiness, blessings, good health for us and good grades. Simple wish for a child like me.

After I chanted my wish in the air, I blow the fire and I watch how the ash air came from the fire disappear in the air.

"Oh my gosh! Am I dreaming?! My son is top 1 in the class?!"

Mama's eyes almost came out from her eye socket while holding my card. Binigay na ang card namin today and I was excited to tell them that I got at the top!

"Rainmier! Hon! Look, our son's grades and achievement!" Pagmamalaki ni Mama kay Dad. Nasa closet kasi si Dad at kakarating nila galing work.

Lumabas si Dad sa walk-in closet nila at kinuha ang card ko mula kay Mama. He was silent first. I saw his eyes move, checking each subject and the number beside it. I was nervous because he might see my straight 9's as lower grade. If he did, I will be disappointed to my self too.

"Top 1?" Dad eyebrows shot up and glanced to me.

I nodded nervously.

"He's so smart! Manang-mana saakin!" Sabi ni Mama. She pulled me closer to her and hugged my small shoulder but I'm still looking at my Dad's reaction.

"Anong mana sa'yo? Saakin nag-mana 'yan," paglalaban ni Papa. I saw how his lips slowly formed into a smile. I sighed in relief. He's not mad... I'm glad.

He crutch down so that our eyes level to each other. He smiled to me and I smiled to him too. He was right. Sakanya ako nag-mana. Even the shape of his eye brows, eyes, nose and lips. I got it from him. Also, his name was connected to mine.