Thirteen

@WynterAsher embracing my inner Anne Hathaway #acting

I end up staying at Jace's till 9:30 pm, Friday night. Nina made us homemade pizza for dinner whilst me and Jace make a plan, and the boring part - the computer presentation online. Once we'd finished that we ended up playing a game of table foosball and then two games of Fifa on the PS4 before Jace decided he actually wanted to go to bed early so he kicked me out of his house... Not literally, he offered to drive me the one block home but I refused, wanting to walk instead.

The next morning I wake up to the sound of Ryan Seacrests radio show playing through the stereo in the lounge.

It's 8am, let me sleep!

No use...

I end up showering and heading out to join Ollie and Evan whom were sitting in the lounge - Ollie on his phone and Evan at the breakfast bar doing some kind of college work. "Where were you last night?" Ollie asks looking up from his phone, "I was gonna call 911"

"I was round a friends" I say with a giggle. He's so dramatic..

"A friend?" His jaw drops, "who?"

I raise an eyebrow, "you might live with me but you are not obliged to act like my carer!"

"Huh?" He frowns.

"You don't need to know everything about me!" I laugh.

"It's probably a boy..." Evan chuckles. I slap him round the head. "Yep, she's been with a boy"

"Shut up" I groan.

"It's okay, we won't tell Finn you were out all night at a boys house" Ollie winks.

I sigh loudly, "I was out till 9:30... I went to the store across the road, got some tampons and was back here by 10. Good enough for you two?"

They grimace, "we didn't need to know that.."

"Well then now you've had the harsh reality of knowing that I didn't do anything with the boy.." I laugh, grab a slice of toast then head back to my room.

Jace and I had arranged to start filming our mini-movie today so he was coming to pick me up by 11 am... Might as well get some school work done in the meantime.

**********

"Hey Wynter!" Jace calls from his car, the passenger side window is rolled down with Jace leaning over the seat and calling over to me, I smile and wave, walking over.

I open the door to the passenger seat and realise its not only Jace in the car.

Brandon, another guy, and two other girls sit in the back.

I kinda wish I dressed up a bit more now...

I look down at what I'm wearing... or lack of what I'm wearing... I'd found a checked button up shirt which is probably one of the boys ones because ita really big ending like a dress nearly half way down my thighs. I paired the 'dress' with some necklaces, mid calf black socks and black biker boots.

"So, guys this is Wynter.. The girl in the back, that's Edie," he points to the a blonde girl with her headphones plugged in, "and Stella" he points to the brunnette. "Reece, he's Stella's cousin" he points to the blonde boy in the middle. I smile and they smile back.

"They're gonna help our filming!" Jace says, "I thought it'd be cool to hang out as well as do our work.. Your new so its cool to make friends.." He smiles.

That's kinda sweet I guess. "So where are we heading?"

"The speedway, Kai's meeting us there but I think it'd be cool to do the fighting scenes there coz it's dusty."

"Good plan" I smile and sit back in the seat listening to the radio music and making small talk until we reach the entrance of the speedway, fifteen minutes away from the main part of town.

We all filter out of the truck and now I can fully take in the new people. Edie has long mid back length hair, she's clearly straightened it however. She dresses in a tight denim skirt, and a white floating tee with high top red converse, I guess our style is relatively similar..

Stella has really long and really straight hair. She wears a black polo neck sweater and white high waist shorts with black Doctor Martins boots, I think I have a pair exactly the same actually...

"I think someone's lost their pants" someone whispers in my ear then chuckles, I turn around and quickly push him back laughing and swiping my hand through his hair messing it up.

"Only you would pay that much attention to my legs, Kai" I wink and he chuckles.

"How's the baby going?" Reece asks Kai interrupting our moment.

"She's not great, the engine keeps over heating" he says grabbing an oily rag from the pocket of his dirty jeans. "Check it out"

They walk off into the dusty yard towards wherever his bike was. I look around the dusty space. It was an old farm yard I suppose but now was obviously the pit stop area for the motorcyclists and their bikes for them to work on before their races or whatever.. There's a few other men here with their bikes practising on the track or doing work on their bikes but apparently there isn't a race meeting till tonight.

All of a sudden there's a loud bang and a squirting of some sort of liquid, I follow Jace around his car towards where Kai and Reece had started working on Kai's bike. The engine had basically packed up and died. Kai bangs his fist furiously against the chained fence behind him securing the yard up from the woodland.

I walk closer peering into the engine to where the steaming was coming from... There are loads of loose wires and even one detached from the rest, I've done this before with Finn at the garage where he works. I grab the pliers off the dusty floor from where Kai had dumped them in his rage and begin fiddling with the wires, no one says anything until I try the ignition again and the roaring sound of the engine makes everyone cheer, even Kai looks astonished.

"How did you do that?" Reece asks with his jaw slightly dropped.

"There was some wires loose so I just sorted it out... Simple!" I smirk, "..my brothers a mechanic I just kinda know.."

"Urm, thanks" Kai mumbles, this must have seriously faltered his ego being shown up by a girl... I smirk.

"Is anyone else going to that ice rink opening tonight?" Edie asks the group, no one in particular.

"I was asked by Codie if I wanted to go.." I smile back at her like it was no big deal.

"Codie! As in quarterback Codie? Are you for real?" Stella asks with her jaw dropped open.

I raise an eyebrow, "yes, why?"

"He asked you out? He never asks people out they always ask him out.." Stella exclaims. "That's crazy"

"Urm.." I bite my lip awkwardly. "I mean it could have just been a slip of the tongue.."

"No! If Codie asked you in person it was for real!" She exclaims.

I kick the dust around on the ground awkwardly, "C'mon let's do some recording..."

Yes let's...

*********