37 - Part One

@WynterAsher Never depend on anyone... They're all the same.

"I can't believe your actually yelling at me for posting how I feel?" I snap back at Jace beside me in his car whilst waiting for our McDonalds order to be handed to us from the Dive Thru window.

"It's not that! You just totally made things worse for yourself. Honest to God you're an idiot sometimes." He yells at me slapping his hand against his forehead.

"I don't understand why you're judging me so much. You don't have a freaking clue over what happened you just see things in black and white, like usual." I hiss back.

"I can imagine how it feels and I'm sorry that you feel bad and stuff and how horrible it must have been but you don't think! You're so annoying like that, Wynter." He says softer trying to touch my thigh but I slap him away.

"You can't be like that with me if you're gonna be a d**k"

He huffs grumpily and I roll my eyes.

Silence.

"Your order." The worker says handing Jace the paper bag.

"Here you go," he hands it to me with a normal, gentle tone of voice.

"I'm not hungry now.. In fact I'm actually gonna head home." I snap opening up the passenger door. He grabs my hand trying to stop me but I shake him off and begin walking leaving him alone.

I walk through the Forrest land as a shortcut back to the main road where I spot his range rover parked up in a lay by. I roll my eyes and quicken my speed along the sidewalk passed his car where he rolls down the window and calls my name, I don't turn around.

Then he rolls up beside me, slowing to the pace I'm walking at.

"Get in the freaking car!"

I say nothing.

"Look I'm sorry okay?"

I say nothing again.

"Wynter. It's getting dark, just get in the freaking car, already!"

I still say nothing.

"Stop being so f*****g dramatic. Get in the freaking car."

I turn around a look of disgust on my face.

"How dare you!" I wipe away a tear and begin running away, "leave me alone!"

And silence. He leaves me.

**********

I can't go home like this.. I can't go anywhere really.

Why the hell does this always happen?

I walk the way that I remember, slowly and cautiously looking at my surroundings.

It's almost pitch black now, I must have been walking at least two hours.

The rain stings my bare skin, it's a typically stormy evening, the rain so heavy that it actually hurts when it pounds down onto my bare arms and legs.

I wasn't prepared for this..

"Wynter, sweetheart!" The familiar voice that I'd been hoping for chirps from her doorstep with an umbrella, I half smile and quickly run up her driveway towards the door where I burst into tears.

She hands me a towel and leads me into her lounge again.

"You've not been having a great time lately, have you?" She pulls a half smile handing me a cup of cocoa with extra cream and chocolate sprinkles.

I shake my head and explain everything.

At the end she simply says, "You need to abandon the one's who are getting you down."

And I know she's right.

And I know I should.

And I know I need to.

But how?

**********

"Grandma, I've finished-" a familiar voice calls and as soon as he enters the room my jaw drops, "Wynter?"

"Urm.." I gulp loudly my teeth beginning to chatter, my skin beginning to crawl, my hands shaking to the point that I drop the empty mug down onto the wooden floor making it crack into a million small ceramic shards.

"Wynter!" She cries at the sight of my hysterical behaviour.

I can't help myself but I immediately run up to him and begin tearing at his shirt punching my fists into his chest, practially tearing my hair out until I double over in pain of my tears, collapsing to the floor.

"It was you! Wasn't it? You told her! You did this to me!" I scream punching my fists against the floor. "You! Of all people!"

Both of them just stand there staring at me at the floor. Until my uncontrollable behaviour takes its toll again, this time by tearing at her wallpaper that was already shabby and tearing. I scream loudly not being able to control myself, tears run down my cheeks at a thousand kilometres an hour my breathing is heavy, my heart is pounding.

I can't stop.

Until.

The sirens scream louder than myself. Stopping outside the house. The red and blue lights shine bright through the curtains, someone enters the room, grabs me tightly around the wrists and rushes me out of the house.

Gone.

*********