Twenty Three

@WynterAsher I like being surrounded by people who genuinely want to be there #friends

The next few days seem to pass so slowly, but I guess that's because I'm just really excited about the festival that I don't want to do anything but sleep to hurry the day up, but it doesn't work like that. I finish assignments and play video games with the boys so that by Thursday morning I'm literally buzzing from excitement.

"So what time are your friends arriving?" Ollie asks from the kitchen.

We're leaving separately. Jace managed to rent an RV for the long weekend break at the beach for 4 of us to share. Reece's family have a camper van that he's taking which sleeps 4 people, and Ollie and Finn are being boring by staying in a hotel along the coast. They said I'm welcome to stay in their room if I get claustrophobic but its gonna be so much fun I can already tell.

"9:30" I call back through whilst tying my hair into a messy bun. I'm already sweating like crazy even though I'm only dressed in a tight sleeveless tee, denim hot pants, and black converse.

It's 9:27 right now, I grab a slice of toast, my big shoulder bag stuffed with bikinis and clothes, and my small handbag with my money, tickets and phone inside before rushing out of the apartment still stuffing my face with toast.

By the time I make it down the elevator it's 9:30 am, I can already see the RV outside parked along the side of the road, totally obstructing the passing traffic. Jace slips out of the door smiling at me from the opposite side of the road where he parked the car, he crosses and grabs my biggest bag for me, hugging me beforehand and telling me I look nice. I can hear the wolf whistling from Brandon, even from outside, I laugh.

"I'm literally so excited!" I exclaim, "This is super cool!" I say whilst looking around the RV, it's quite small but its still really cute with a lounging area as we walk in with a TV, sofa, and kitchen worktop, then there's a door which I assume goes into the toilet and then a corridor up to the bunks either side of the wall.

"I called dibs on the top bunk at the back" Stella cries eagerly grabbing my hand and showing me, "Kai, Edie and Reece are staying in the other van... Edie says she's getting claustrophobic from the lighting in here coz its quite dim or whatever.. And Kai is just grumpy. But you can choose wherever you want to sleep!"

I choose the bunk beneath Stella's and leave my little purse there before heading back to the others. Jace is sat at the drivers seat which is a step down from the rest of the van, there's a passenger seat too which I surprise him by sitting at. "You don't wanna sit back there?"

"Nah, came to sit and keep you company!" I laugh, pressing the radio's on button. Meghan Trainer 'Lips are movin' plays through the speakers and Stella sings along like a screeching cat... It's awful but really funny at the same time. I slide my sunglasses on staring out into the busy traffic. One and a half hour journey and we'll be there!

"Excited?" He asks from beside me at the wheel. I nod eagerly.

"Super excited!" I grin and he chuckles.

"You haven't stopped smiling since you left the house. I already knew the answer!" He laughs then flicks the radio to a different station, ACDC "Highway to Hell" blares through the speakers, "Now this is a proper festival starter song!"

"I'm on the highway to hell... High way to hell!" I sing loudly, making Jace laugh but he soon joins in and soon the whole RV is bursting in fits of laughter.