five

skyler's pov

"hey sky get up," darry said. "what?" i asked. "all the guys wanna go get some breakfast," he said. "dingos?" i asked and he nodded. "i don't got any clothes left here," i said while rubbing my eyes. "have someone go home with ya," he said.

"who wants to walk me to my house so i can get clothes?" i asked standing up from the couch. "not me," dally said. "good news, now you get too," darry said making everyone laugh. "no," he said. "yep," everyone else said. "whatever man," he said and walked out the door. i shook my head and followed him out.

we walked mostly in silence to my house and quietly walked in. i looked looked to my right and my mom was asleep on the couch. me and dally quietly walked to my room and i grabbed some more clothes and a bag. "how much do ya need?" he whispered. "i don't wanna have to come back here again," i whispered back.

i went into my bathroom and changed my clothes and walked back out grabbing my bag. "i don't wanna risk it, let's go out the window," i said opening the window in my room. he went out first, putting my backpack on his back. i went to climb out and he lifted me out and my stomach turned. "thanks," i said and he winked. we walked back to the curtis's and everyone was waiting.

"let's go," i said and we all piled in darry's truck. we walked into dingos and went to the biggest booth they had. "is evie working?" i asked steve. "i think so," he shrugged. "hey anyone wanna go to the drive-in tonight?" i asked. "i do," two-bit said. "i'll go," dally said. "pony has school," darry said. "i got work," soda said. "alright," i shrugged.

we all ordered mainly pancakes or waffles some of us got omlets, but there was a lot of food. we ate and split the check 5 ways and left. i went to two-bits with he and dally and we played cards basically all day until we went to the movie.

"what's even playing?" two-bit asked. "i dunno," i shrugged. we snuck through under the gate and sat in our seats. "if this is a romance movie i'm outta here," dally said. "stop being a baby," i said. "what'd you say?" he asked. "i'm not scared of you dallas," i replied and watched the movie.

"hey i'm gonna go talk to that good lookin' broad over there," two-bit said getting up, tripping over me. i laughed as he walked over to the girl. "it's a romance movie let's bounce," dally said. "no, i wanna stay," i said. "well then i'm outta here, have fun," he said. "ok if i get jumped it's your fault," i replied.

he rolled his eyes and sat back down next to me. i smiled with satisfaction, i just didn't wanna look like an idiot seeing a movie by herself. sorry pony. i yawned and dally looked at me. "if you're tired why are we staying?" he asked. "because i want too," i replied. "let's go get a milkshake or somethin' and go back," he said.

"but," "no buts," he said and threw me over his shoulder. "i hate my life," i said and he laughed. "you love it," he replied. he set me down and we walked to dingos. we walked in and soda and sandy were sitting there. "ew," i whispered and dally laughed. "hey sodapop," we said and sat with them. "hey guys, thought you were seeing a movie," he said.

"two-bit left with a girl, and he doesn't like romance movies," i said. "and she's tired she just won't admit it," dally added. "well what do y'all want?" soda asked. "milkshakes then we're outta here," i said. "i'll order 'em," dally said and walked away. "sorry if we're interrupting we'll be gone soon," i said.

"it's alright sky," soda said. "the quicker the better," sandy said smiling. i smiled and rolled my eyes looking back to dally. he got them to go, thank god, and we left. "i hate her," i said sitting down on a bench. "everyone but sodapop does," he replied.

"so do you have a broad as annoying as sandy?" i asked. "me and sylvia are off and on, she keeps cheatin' on me," he replied. "then why do you keep goin' back to her?" i asked. "boredom," he shrugged. i yawned again and leaned my head on his shoulder. "you wanna go home?" he asked. i nodded. "get on my back,"

i did as he said after we threw our empty shakes away and he walked us to the curtis's. i went and laid down on the couch and darry walked out. "i thought you were sleepin' at two-bits tonight," he said. "i was going too, until he left with some girl, now i don't dare go to his house," i said and he laughed. "we'll get some sleep, soda might wake ya up when he gets back though," he said.

"it's alright, see ya later dal," i said. "bye sky, bye dar," dally said and walked out. i smiled at the door and turned off the lamp, rolling over and falling asleep.

sorry i genuinely could not think so this chapter took a couple days:)