six

dally's pov

"where were ya?" buck asked as i walked in. "movies," i said, heading for the stairs. "with?" he asked. "two-bit and skyler," i replied and went to my room. i put on some random tank top and laid on my bed.

i couldn't help but think about skyler, i know better than to try anything with her, but i just wish the guys would've trusted me sooner. i'd never hurt someone in our gang...intentionally, but especially not skyler.

in the few days i've known her, i've figured out that she's perfect. but i gotta figure something out so i don't fall for her.

skyler's pov

"sky i'm leavin' for work soon, you need a ride to school?" soda asked as i ate my eggs. "i should say yes, but i'm good thanks," i said. "nope, get your ass in the car," dally said from the couch. "why do you want me to go so bad?" i asked putting my shoes on.

"he's right you should go, i'm a dumbass for dropping out," soda added. "whatever let's go," i sighed and walked to the car. "i'll respect your decision if you drop out, but i do think you should stay," soda said as we pulled up to the school.

"i know, i'll stay as long as i can last," i replied. "thanks for the ride, cya later," i said and walked inside. i nearly fell asleep in every class, johnny wasn't here, i didn't know where he was but i assumed he was with one of the guys. pony and i walked out of the school and dally and johnny were standing there.

thank god johnny was with him. "johnnycakes where ya been?" i asked. "i fell asleep at two-bits," he replied. dally swung his arm over johnny and i's shoulder so johnny put his over pony's. "so what should we do today?" i asked. "let's get some paint," dally said raising an eyebrow. "what do you have up your sleeve now?" i asked laughing.

"you'll see," he winked. pony johnny and i all looked at each other and followed him to the store.

time skip

"so what are we gonna paint?" pony asked. "i was thinking something like 'socs' with a big crossed out sign over it," dally replied. (🚫) "give me the can," i said and dally threw me the black spray paint. johnny and ponyboy just watched as we started to paint. we were just finishing as we heard sirens. "pony johnny go!" i said and they took off.

"let's go," dally said grabbing my hand and we ran as fast as we could. we ran through an alleyway and got surrounded. "shit," we both said.

they put cuffs on us and put us in the car. "my parents are going to kill me," i sighed. "it'll be fine, we can figure it out," he said. "yeah if you mean never seeing me again," i replied. they took us into the station and we sighed as they locked us in our cell. "i wanna use my call pete," dally said. dally walked over to the phone and made a call. when he came back officer pete said "i don't want another peep out of you winston, bringing sweet little sky into this," he shook his head walking away.

"i'm sorry i got you involved sky," dally sighed. "it ain't your fault dumb ass, i'm the only one who
helped you voluntarily," i laughed. "still my idea," he said. "who'd ya call?" i asked.

"DALLAS TUCKER WINSTON!!" uh oh. darry stormed to the cell and grabbed onto the bars. "THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I KEPT SKYLER AWAY FROM YOU," he yelled and i looked down at my feet. yelling always irritated me. "YOU KNOW HER FOR ALMOST A WEEK AND YOURE ALREADY IN JAIL WITH HER, ONCE YOU TWO GET OUT YOU STAY AWAY FROM HER FOR GOOD YOU GOT IT?" he yelled. "yes sir," dally said. "thanks darrel, did what i wanted too," pete said.

"darry i-," i started. "i don't wanna hear it skyler," he said. "please it's not all his fault he didn't make me do it," i said. "i don't care, you two are gonna stay away from each other once you're out," he said. "yes sir," i sighed and he walked away.

"guess we're gonna be here a few days," i said laying on the bed. "guess so," dally shrugged. he laid down next to me and set his jacket over me. "get some sleep," he said. "you too," i said and we fell asleep.

hey lovelies!! sorry it isn't the longest chapter ever, and it took awhile, but i really like this and have plans for the next one:))