twenty-two

skyler's pov

"everybody SHUT UP!" i yelled as all the guys were arguing around me. they all looked at me wide eyed and i sighed. "it's midnight i don't wanna hear the arguing! i just wanted you all to know we were back together i didn't want you to start screaming at dally because of it," i said.

"we aren't mad you're back together, we just think it's wrong that you forgave him so easily and that he could make that big of a mistake," darry said. "we don't need you to get involved! don't you get it? it's our relationship, not the gangs, we need to deal with our problems on our own it doesn't matter what you guys think," i said.

"but," "no buts darry! i'm sick of you guys acting like you can control us," i said. "it's our relationship not yours," dally added. "exactly, just stay out of it, if we need you we'll ask," i said. "we're just trying to help," soda said. "it's just turning into a big mess so unless we need your help, don't get involved okay?" i said looking at all of them.

"okay," they all said and sat down, or discretely left. "dal come on," i said. "where we goin?" he asked. "i dunno," i shrugged. we walked out the door and just walked around. "why does it seem like us being together pisses everyone else off?" i asked. "i don't know," he said. "forget them for now, let's just go do something fun," he said. "like what?" i asked.

"like, you could get another piercing, or we could get tattoos, or we could go skinny dipping, there is endless possibilities," he said. "i liked me getting another piercing, i have been wanting to get my third one," i said. "then piercing it is," he said, grabbing my hand. "what should we do after?" i asked. "something fun," he said.

"i'm thinking we aren't gonna be home anytime soon," i replied as we walked to get my piercing. we walked in and it was basically empty. "hey man, my girl here wants her third piercing," dally said. "pick out an earring, then sit down," the guy said. i picked out a small hoop earring and sat in the chair. "you better not make fun of me for being a baby," i said to dally.

"i won't," he said. i got my ear cleaned and he was about to pierce it when i grabbed dally's hand and grabbed it tightly. it was done quickly but i was a wimp. "geez i thought my hand was gonna fall off," dally said laughing. "shut up," i said and hit his arm. we paid and left. "so now what?" i asked.

"we're teenagers aren't we? let's act like it," he said. "what do you have in mind?" i asked. i followed him around as he told me what he wanted to do. we went up to some random people and almost started laughing. "do you know where the dx is?" i asked. "yeah just go that way and take a left," the person said.

we both started running the other way and went right instead. "we should go to the pound," i said. "what happened to darry and buck killing us?" he asked. "i never said we were gonna get a dog i just said let's go to the pound," i said.

"whatever you say," he laughed. we walked into the pound and the worker was half asleep, it was almost 1:30 am i don't know why they're even open. "just go look," she said. "okay then," i said and walked to where all the dogs were. there was another worker that was playing with one of the dogs and i smiled.

"is it ok if we look at some of 'em?" i asked. "sure kid," he said. i saw a little puppy that looked like a golden retriever. she was adorable but i knew she wasn't right even if we weren't gonna get one.

"any chance you have a german shepherd?" i asked. "yeah, all the way at the end, you won't want him though, he's a mutt,"he said. i looked at dally and shrugged. we walked down and the dog had tons of fur, but was the skinniest dog i'd ever seen. it's leg was wrapped and it looked tired. "hey can you open his cage?" i asked.

"i don't know why you even wanna look at him, he hates everyone," he said opening the cage. i walked in and kneeled down in front of the dog. "oh you're adorable," i said and pet his head. he started licking my face and jumped on me, then dally, making us both laugh.

"oh god you're making it really hard to not take you home," i said petting him again. i looked at dally and back at the dog. "how much for him?" i asked. "free, nobody else wants him anyway," the guy said. "he gotta name?" i asked. "nope," the guy put a leash on him and i grabbed it. "carmel?" i asked and the dog turned his head. "that's not it," i said.

we got all the information we needed for the dog and took him to the store with us to get him food. "how about alex?" i said and dally laughed. "yeah that's not it either," i sighed. "i've got it!" i said and stopped, making dally run into me. "cooper!" i said and he barked. "yeah, cooper is perfect," i laughed. "yeah now we have to face darry and buck," dally said. "i got this," i said.

~

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MINDS?" darry yelled. "no, i just wanted to save him, they were torturing him, huh coop?" i said petting him. "its too late to talk about this, just go to bucks," he said. "adios," i said and ran out. we got to bucks and he wasn't as mad as darry was. as long as he doesn't pee everywhere.

"see? we'll be fine, plus look how cute he is it's worth it," i said. "yeah, i'm glad we did it," he said. as we laid down on the bed cooper cuddled up by dally's legs. "no go lay by skyler," he said. "he likes you," i laughed. "leave him be,"

"fine," he sighed and kissed my head. "how's your ear?" he asked. "good, doesn't hurt," i said. "good, i had fun tonight," he said. "me too," i replied. "goodnight," i said and kissed him. "goodnight beautiful," he whispered and we fell asleep.

i actually hate this chapter but that's okay lol, thank you for 1k reads i love you all!! stay gold<3