twenty-four

dally's pov

i woke up early to take cooper downstairs so he wouldn't wake up skyler. i gave him some food and water then took him outside. i wasn't paying attention when cooper started barking and ran across the street. "shit," i said and ran after him.

"oh," i said, seeing who cooper was barking at. "oh, dally right?" luke asked. "yep," i said as cooper sat down next to me. "how's skyler?" he asked. "she's good, sleeping," i said. "well, maybe you should make sure you're there with her next time," he said.

"what the hell did you just say?" i asked. "well if you'd been there she wouldn't have gotten hurt," hd said. "i had shit to do," i said. "whatever man, i guess i better stick around and make sure she doesn't get jumped again," he said.

"stay the hell away from skyler," i said. "why would i do that?" he asked and walked away. it took everything in me not to punch him right in the nose. "come on coop," i said and went back inside. skyler was standing at the bar pouring herself cereal.

"morning," i said. "morning," she replied and kissed my cheek. "you're little friend is kind of a prick," i said, eating a piece of her corn flakes. "who?" she asked. "luke," i said. "why are you so focused on him?" she asked, laughing. "somethings off about him," i replied.

"well i only met him yesterday i don't even consider him my friend," she said as she began eating her cereal. "good, you're mine," i said and kissed her cheek. "obviously," she replied. "how's your cheek?" i asked. "sore, but it's okay," she said. "i'm sorry i wasn't there," i said. "it's okay dal," she said.

"no it's not, but i'm gonna make it up to you," i said. "you don't need too," she laughed. her laugh was beautiful. "yes i do," i replied, moving the hair from her neck and kissing it. "let me finish eating first," she said. "fine," i said and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"ow," she said and i pulled away. "did i hurt you?" i asked. "no i think i just have a cut we missed," she said, pulling her shirt up to look at it. "sky that's deep, you need stitches," i said, examining it. "no i don't have the money for that," she said. "let darry do it!" i said.

"maybe, i'm fine," she said. "i didn't mean to hurt you," i said. "you didn't dal i promise," she said. "i keep messin' up man," i sighed. "no, look at me, it's okay everyone makes mistakes i'm okay," she said, putting her hands on my cheeks. guilt took over my body as i looked at all the cuts and bruises on her face.

"i love you," i said. "what?" she asked. "i love you," i replied. "is this a prank?" she asked. "no, i finally know that i love you, i'm saying it back," i said. "well, i love you," she said and hugged me. "you don't have to say that if you're just trying to make me feeling better," she said. "i'm not, i actually love you," i said.

skyler's pov

"hey buck, guess what?" i said as he walked in the room. "what kiddo?" he asked. "dally loves me," i said. "no shit," he said and i laughed and started spinning around the room. "he loves me he loves me," i repeated over and over again.

"i know come here," dally said and picked me up bridal style. he walked us upstairs, cooper chasing us, and set me on the bed and kissed me. "maybe i can make it up to you right now," he said. i looked at him and laughed, then shoved him off of me. "no," i said. "i'm not ready, i'm sorry,"

"it's okay, don't apologize," he said and kissed my cheek. "dal, am i annoying you by, well not having sex?" i asked. "what? why would you ask that?" he asked. "well i don't know, i just feel bad," i shrugged. "don't feel bad sky, i'm fine," he said, laughing slightly. "are you sure?" i asked. "yeah," he replied.

"wanna take cooper on a walk? get some food?" i asked. "yeah sure," he said. "let me get ready and we can go," i said. "okay," he said.

dally's pov

skyler walked downstairs with cooper on his leash. "ready?" she asked. "yep, let's go man," i said. we walked out the door and i put my arm around her shoulder. "you cold?" i asked, seeing she didn't have a jacket on. "a little," she said. "why didn't you bring a coat stupid?" i asked, taking off my leather jacket.

"i don't know, forgot," she said as she put it on. we walked all the way to dingos and sat down in a booth as evie walked over. "hey what do you dipshits want?" she asked. "a new waitress," skyler said. "words hurt," she said and they both laughed.

"i don't know about her, but i want a burger, coop wants fries," i said. "great, sky?" evie said. "same thing," she said. "coming right up," she said. "maybe we should've gotten coop water," skyler said. "oh yeah," i said laughing. "hey did i hear something about water?" i looked up and saw...luke.

"nope," i said. "oh yeah, our dog just needs some," skyler said. "i can go get you some," he said. "i can get it, thanks tho," i said sarcastically. "no really, i got it man," he said, hitting my chest and walking away. "don't kick his ass, don't kick his ass," i repeated quietly. "calm down," skyler said, grabbing my hand. he came back with water and cooper growled until he backed up a little, then drank it.

"he's feisty," he said. "not usually, just doesn't like you i guess," i said. "dal," skyler said. "what?" i asked. "wanna sit with us?" she asked, looking at luke. "no, he doesn't," i said sternly as she moved next to me. "i'd love too actually," he said. "great, just great," i said. "this is gonna be a long meal,"