nine

skyler's pov

i woke up to the front door slamming and assumed two-bit and steve were here. i changed into some clothes i left and used the spare tooth brush i kept in the bathroom, i finished getting ready and went out into the kitchen. "whatcha makin?" i asked ponyboy. "eggs, want some?" he asked. "sure thanks," i said.

i grabbed the chocolate milk and poured a glass, then sat down next to two-bit on the couch. "hey keith," i said and he flicked my head. i laughed and we watched mickey until the eggs were ready. "thanks pone," i said and quickly ate. "you in a rush or something?" pony asked. "no, but i'm gonna go to bucks so i'll see y'all later," i said and walked to bucks.

i walked in and there were only a few people. "dal here?" i asked buck. "upstairs," he said. "thanks," i said and went up to his room. i knocked before i went in just in case but he was standing there in his jeans and grabbing a shirt. "hey," i said. "how ya doin' man?" he asked. "fine," i laughed. "wanna
go do somethin?" i asked. "nah i'm busy, i got things to do today," he replied. "like what?" i asked.

"none of your business," he replied coldly. "uh, okay sorry," i said confused. "i gotta go, go back home skyler," he said. "geez someone's bossy today," i said. "skyler don't piss me off," he said. "what the hell has a stick up your ass?" i asked standing in front of the door as he tried to walk out. "move," he said. "tell me why you're being a dick and i will," i said.

he clenched his jaw and grabbed my waist pushing me out of the way. as he pushed me i started to fall and grabbed onto his arms pulling us together so our faces were inches apart. "go home," he said and let go of me walking away. "what the hell," i said to myself. i walked down the stairs and out of bucks, back to the curtis's.

"anyone know why dally's so pissed off?" i asked walking into the house. "cuz he hasn't had anyone to screw for 3 weeks," two-bit said and ponyboy elbowed him. i rolled my eyes and sat inbetween them on the couch. "what's he doin?" soda asked from the kitchen. "he refused to tell me what he was so busy doing today and then got mad when i asked," i replied. "weird," steve said. "hey soda we gotta go,"

"i'm comin' i'll see you guys later," soda said and the two of them left. "well, what should we do?" i asked. "i'm going to school," ponyboy said. "oh yeah i forgot about school," i laughed. "it's fine i'm not going," i said and they just laughed.

"two you wanna go do somethin?" i asked. "sure," he shrugged and we walked into town. "wanna go in that store?" i asked pointing across the street. "maybe they have more mickey shirts!" he said and i laughed as we walking in. "hey two there's a mickey pillow," i said and threw it too him. "I WILL BE BUYING THIS!" he yelled and i laughed. "hey while your at it get me this," i said throwing a pack of cigarettes at him. "sure thing little lady," he said and ran off to pay.

i kept looking around when two-bit walked up to me, bag in hand. "let's go," he said staring at the ground. "okay, you good?" i asked. "yea just hurry," he said. "what's the rush," i asked and then saw what he was trying to prevent me from seeing. dally was definitely busy, just not in the way i thought he was.

i smiled at two-bit and laughed it off. "just because we were in jail for 10 days together it doesn't mean i care," i said. "well i-," "it's okay two really," i smiled and we walked to the dx. "what're you guys soon' here?" steve asked. "we were just in a store over there and i wanted to show you the new mickey
pillow i got," two-bit said holding up the pillow.

they told him how much they loved it and then we left to go home. i went into the bathroom and took a deep breath as i locked the door and sat on the ground. dally can do whatever he wants. i don't even like him! do i? no. no i don't. probably. maybe. i don't know anymore. but i CANNOT like him anyway or the guys would kill me, so it's fine right?

i flushed the toilet as if i actually went to the bathroom and walked out. "oh hey dal, sylvia," i said seeing them sitting on the couch. "hi," sylvia said and dally just looked at me. "i gotta go get some stuff from my house, i'll see you guys later," i said. "do you need someone to go with you," two-bit asked. "no
i'll be okay, thanks though," i smiled and walked out.

sylvia. of course it was sylvia. he said she cheated on him multiple times, but hey! he must like cheaters so it doesn't matter right? i walked to my house and walked inside, not caring if they were home. i don't even remember what i came here for, but i walked in anyway. "what the hell are you doing here skyler? i told you not to come back," my mom said immediately. "put me up for adoption if you don't wanna see me," i replied.

since my dad wasn't home, she took the opportunity to slap me right across the face. i backed up a little bit, but not enough to give her what she wanted. "i'm so scared," i said sarcastically and she did it again. "you little bitch, you go to jail for 10 days and think you're so tough huh? well you aren't! you're just as weak as johnny whether you show it or not," she said and threw her beer bottle at me. that was when i opened the door and left.

i could feel the blood start to drip onto my cheeks as i took small pieces of glass out of my hair. i let her do it. why did i let her do it? i easily could've fought back if i wanted too, and i didn't. why didn't i fight back?