seven

skyler's pov

"oh bs," i said. "damn you, why are you so good at this game?" dally asked. "i've lived with 6 guys my whole life," i replied. he took the pile of cards and rolled his eyes. "two 4's," we played bs for like three hours before it was time for lunch. we went to the lunch room and ate the disgusting food. dally did his best to keep the other inmates away from me, i would've been fine, but i was glad he was here with me. and that pete let us stay in the same cell.

we made friends with an old guy in the cell next to us and would talk to him mostly every day. his name was sam, but he refused to tell us why he was here. it was probably bad, but we didn't mind he was a nice guy. we went outside for awhile and played basketball. there was only so many things we could do. we've been in here for 6 days now, we have 4 days left til we get it.

in all honesty, i'm dreading it. me and dally have gotten close in the passed 6 days, and once we're out we won't be able to talk anymore. i shook my head and threw the ball to dally. "you think we'll be able to convince darry to change his mind?" i asked as dally threw the ball in the hoop. "maybe, doubt it tho," he replied as i took the ball from his hands. he grabbed my hips as i tried to run and my stomach turned.

i laughed and threw the ball to sam who was walking over. "hey samaroonie," i said. "my two favorite inmates," he said. "they're makin' us go back to our cells soon, they told me to come get you two,"

i rolled my eyes. "we stole some pudding cups, we can play go fish for 'em," i said taking the ball back from sam and putting it in a bin. we were on our way back to our cells when pete pulled me aside. "you got a visitor," he said. i followed him back to the lunch room and my mom was sitting there with johnny. oh great.

i sag across from them and avoided eye contact. "you know how pissed off i am right now skyler?" my mom asked. "let me guess, pretty pissed?" i asked. "don't give me that attitude skyler, you're already in prison, you don't need to give me any more trouble," she said. "like you care, you weren't taking care of me when i was home anyway," i spat. she slapped me across the face and one of the guards grabbed her by the hand dragging her out.

"DONT THINK ABOUT COMING BACK HOME!" she yelled as they kicked her out. "how are the guys?" i asked johnny. "worried about ya, pissed at dally," he replied. "they don't need to be, i can make my own decisions it ain't his fault," i sighed. "i know," he said. "i'm fine in here, dally is keepin me out of trouble, tell them not to worry about me," i said. "i'm sorry sky, i'll see ya later," he said and left. they took me back to my cell and dally saw the red mark on my cheek.

"who was it?" he asked brushing his thumb across my cheek. "mom and johnny," i said. "the guys still pissed at me?" he asked and i nodded. "it'll be okay," i replied. "now let's play some cards."

johnny's pov

i went back to the curtis house and they were all waitin' there for me. "hows sky doin?" soda asked. "she's perfectly fine," i said. "what?" they all asked. "she's fine, i'm serious, she said dal is doin a good job of keepin her out of trouble," i said. "dally's the definition of trouble," steve said. "i think he cares about her," ponyboy said. i sighed, i knew skyler could make her own decisions, but she's my little sister, and dallas is one of the biggest hoods in tulsa.

they all argued about whether or not dally and sky should be able to see each other and i was fed up with it. "ENOUGH!" i yelled. they all went silent and looked at me. "i know skyler is important to all of us and we don't want her to get hurt, but dally is important to us too! we need to trust them both to do the right thing," i said.

"skyler's almost sixteen, she can handle herself, and dally knows better than to hurt her," i added. "johnnys right guys, we gotta trust them both," soda said. "darry, we know how you feel but, you gotta have some faith in 'em man," i said stuffing my hands in my pockets. "fine, but if everything goes to shit," he paused shaking his head and walked away.

dally's pov

"HA! i win again!" skyler said. "you sure you aren't cheating little lady?" sam asked. "positive," she smiled. her smile was beautiful. i mean what? "okay
okay we have one cup left," i said. "got any two's?" sam asked me. "go fish," i said. finally, i won instead of sky. i swear she's too good at card games it's like she has super vision.

"hey pete!" skyler said and he walked over. "wanna give us some spoons since we're your favorite inmates?" she asked. he shrugged and went to grab spoons. "he'd kill me if i asked," i laughed. "well that's because i'm his favorite," she said.

"well he sure doesn't like me or dally," sam said. "maybe stop doin' illegal stuff all the time and he won't hate ya," she said. "fair enough," i replied. he came back with the spoons and we ate our pudding.

decided to give you two chapters since it took me so long to update:)