eleven

skyler's pov

i was very drunk. i don't even think very is the right word, i was over the top wasted. i didn't care either, me and dally were on top of the world, at least that's what it felt like. "ok ok, serious question, if you had to kiss one soc who would it be?" i asked. "don't tell ponyboy, but that broad cherry," he said.

"i'd rather die before i had to kiss any of them," i said and we both laughed. "hey we should arm wrestle," i said. "if you wanna lose," he replied. "we're both so drunk i don't think we'll remember anyway," i said. "your on," he laughed and we got ready.

"1...2...3." he won within 3 seconds. "told ya," he winked. "hey, it doesn't hurt to try," i said. "can i ask you something?" i asked. "we've been asking questions all night so i don't see why not," he said. "do you think we were better off as strangers?" i asked. "maybe for awhile, but i think it should be up to us, not the guys or anyone else," he said.

"i'm glad we met," i said standing up with him but falling forward and into his arms. i looked up at him and we both laughed. "this happens pretty often doesn't it?" i asked and he nodded helping me stand up straight. we were staring into each other's eyes and it took all my will power not to lean in, but he took measures into his own hands and started leaning in.

our faces were inches apart when the door flew open. great, just great. i looked to see who it was and it was johnny and darry. "what are you two doing up? it's 3 am," darry asked. "i could ask you the same th-thing," i said laughing and hiccuped. "are you two seriously drunk?" he asked. "of course not," i said and tripped trying to walk forward.

"why are you here anyway man?" dally asked. "buck called and told us to come get sky because you were being too loud," johnny said. "fine we'll go to sleep," i said and laid on the bed. "no, you're coming home with us," johnny said.

"i don't wanna," i said. "tough," darry said. "you guys are so bossy, i can make my own decisions you know," i said trying to put the blankets over myself but darry threw me over his shoulder. "put her down she's right she ain't a little kid anymore," dally said. "no you stay out of it dallas, she's my sister and i'm gonna do what i think is best for her, you don't have an opinion in this," johnny said and we all raised an eyebrow at him.

"whatever get outta here," dally said and we left. once we got back i sat on the couch with my arms crossed. "i'm sick of you guys taking over my life," i said as darry and johnny went to walk to another room. "well you can't make any good decisions skyler!" johnny said. "no, i just cant make any that you like! just because i'm not quiet and shy like you it doesn't mean i don't know what i'm doing johnny!" i said.

"it don't matter! dally ain't good for you sky and i'm not gonna let you be with him!" he said. "i don't care johnny! im perfectly allowed to do whatever i want!" i said. "no skyler you aren't, it doesn't matter if you wanna be with dally because he's gonna do something stupid and you're gonna come running to us," darry butted in.

"no i won't," i said. "you can't be with him skyler," he said. "watch me," i said and stormed out of the house. it's 3 am so it was a stupid decision but i wasn't gonna let them control me. they act like i'm not even human. i didn't know where i was gonna go, but i walked as fast as i could so i wasn't anywhere near the curtis's house.

i took off the jacket darry gave me and then realized i was even more stupid than i thought, i'm in dally's shirt. i ran as fast as i could to bucks as i saw a mustang start to follow me. the door was locked but i knocked as loud as i could. "DALLY BUCK LET ME IN!!!" i yelled as they started getting out of the car. i kept banging on the door but they wouldn't open it.

they were getting closer and closer and the door finally opened and dally stepped in front of me. "what do you guys want?!" dally yelled and they got back in the car after realizing who he was. we went back up into his room and dally sat on the bed and just stared at me. "what were you doing out there in that?" he asked. "i left, darry and johnny were just lecturing me," i shrugged leaning against the door.

"you can't do that sky, it ain't safe," he sighed. "well i'm okay, you helped me," i said. "i'm not always gonna be there," he said. "i'll be okay," i said. "what were they lecturing you about?" he asked. "you," i sighed. he just shook his head and looked down. i walked over to him and lifted his head up so he was looking at me. "i'm not gonna let them take you away from me now," i said and leaned in, pressing our lips together.