eight

skyler's pov

it was 3 in the morning and the guards shined their flash lights into all the cells to make sure everyone was there. i rolled my eyes and buried my face into dally's jacket. "just sleep i'll make sure they don't shine it on you next time," he whispered "u sure?" i mumbled. "mhm," he hummed and i fell back asleep.

the next morning i woke up and dally was on the ground. "what're you doing down there?" i asked. "i fell," he shrugged. i laughed and stood up, stretching. "you know what time they're letting us out today?" i asked. "around 12," he said. "thank god," i said.

"hey you two better visit me," sam said from the cell next to us. "of course we will," i said and then realized. "at different times though, we won't even be with each other,"

dally looked at me, then back at the ceiling. "hey you two, go eat then you're outta here," pete said. i smiled and helped dally up. "i better not see you two back in that cell anytime soon," sam said. "we'll try our best sammy," i said and we went to the cafeteria. we ate as fast as we could, dying to get out of here. we changed back into our regular clothes and i got so excited that i tripped dally, causing myself to fall on top of him.

i swear i stopped breathing because of how close our faces were. he smirked and i got off of him quickly. "you two ready?" we looked over and saw darry standing there. "you bet your ass we are," i said. "let's get out of here man," dally said and we got in the car. darry took us to his house and we walked in and i was greeted with hugs from everyone.

me and dally sat down next to each other on the couch before we realized. "oh, i guess one of us should go," i said. "i can," dally said. "that won't be necessary," darry said. "huh?" we both said. "i realized that i was being unfair, sky you can make your own decisions and we all know dally sure as hell can," he said.

we all laughed and i stood up and gave him a hug. "thank you," i said and sat back down. "who wants to let me sleep in an actual bed tonight?" i asked. "you can use my bed, i'm sleepin' with pone again tonight anyway," soda said. "thank you, that bed in the cell was tiny and me and dal had to share it," i said. "they made you share?" steve asked. "well i didn't want her to be alone in a cell," dally said.

"awwww," two-bit said and dally threw an empty beer can at him. "can i have some pepsi or something? man jail food is disgusting," i said. "man?" they all asked. "i've been stuck with dally for 10 days, what do you expect?" i asked and they all laughed. ponyboy handed me and dally both pepsi's and two turned on mickey.

johnny sat next to me and i noticed the new bruise on his cheek. "mom or dad?" i whispered. "mom," he whispered back. "stay here awhile okay?" i said and he nodded. "so, how bad was jail sky?" steve asked. "i'm sure it would've been a lot worse if i was alone," i said. dally elbowed me and i laughed.

"we made friends with the old guy in the cell next to us," dally said. "who?" darry asked. "his name is sam, that's all he would tell us tho," i said. "weird," ponyboy said.

"anyway, i need to get some sleep, i'm exhausted," i said standing up. "you're exhausted? i fell of the bed in the middle of the night and slept on the floor," dally said. "you said you just fell you didn't say you slept on the floor," i replied. "well i didn't wanna tell ya," he said. "you could've just gotten back on the bed dumb ass," i laughed.

"i didn't wanna wake you up," he shrugged. "how nice of you," two-bit said and we both hit him on the head. "i'm gonna go sleep for the rest of the week," i said. "cya later," steve said. "goodnight," soda and two-bit said and i just laughed and went to sleep.

dally's pov

"dal, can we talk to ya?" darry asked. "if it's about skyler, than no," i said. "c'mon dal it ain't bad," johnny said. "fine, shoot," i sighed. "we just, we can clearly see you care about her," soda said. "yeah so?" i asked.

"i know sky is tough and all, but she gets hurt real easily and i just i won't let you hurt her," johnny said. "what makes you think i'd hurt her?" i asked. "look, i know i gotta past, but i ain't gonna hurt sky okay? if you can tell i care about her you should know that man," i said and stormed out of the house.

who are they to tell me what to do? i'd never hurt skyler. she's too sweet, beautiful, funny, shit i can't like her. god she's too perfect not to like. what the hell am i gonna do?

hey lovelies!! i had a snow day today so i decided to write a chapter:)