XIV

// 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂 //

Dream wrapped the blanket around himself as he collapsed on the couch with a heavy sigh. He had just finished putting on a new outfit, as his previous one was soaked with rain. He could feel weariness tugging at his bones and threatening to pull his mind under darkness. He looked at his phone and noticed a message from Nick. He clicked his contact to answer.

How's it going? I haven't heard from you since you got there, so it must be good, Nick's message said.

It's going great. We just got back from visiting George's parents. I think we're about to watch a movie now, Dream typed in response.

Did you guys hug at the airport? Nick asked.

Yeah, of course we did, Dream replied, slightly confused at why he was asking such a weird question.

Did you kiss him?? Nick asked. Dream scoffed out loud.

What?? No, he responded.

Oh come on, don't pretend like you weren't thinking about it, Nick said with a smirking emoji.

No, I actually wasn't, you weirdo, Dream shot back, smiling and shaking his head.

Whatever you say, Nick said. I guess you're gonna just pretend that all those times you were joking about it never happened, huh?

I guess so, Dream shot back.

So... is he any better since you got there? Nick asked after a moment.

Dream hesitated before replying. Yeah, I think he is. He tried having a drink last night, but I talked him out of it. Dream answered thoughtfully.

But yeah. He seems like he has more energy and stuff. I've been making sure he's gotten enough to eat. You know how long he sometimes went without food. I'm not going to let that happen, he said.

Good. Let me know if anything interesting happens. I'm gonna go out with Luke in a bit. Ttyl, Nick said as an end to the conversation.

Bye, Dream responded before setting down his phone. A moment later, George came down the stairs and walked over to him, wearing a fresh change of clothes and carrying a blanket. He set the blanket on the couch.

"So, we're watching a movie?" He asked, glancing at the TV, which was off. He picked up a remote from the coffee table and flipped it on.

As he turned the other way, Dream couldn't help but quickly admire his side profile. He had perfect features; the perfect curve for a nose, a definitive jawline, and hair that covered his head perfectly.

Dream had seen this side of him before, in videos and stuff; but never this HD, and never this close. He looked stunning.

"Sure. I was thinking we order something for lunch. Know any good delivery spots around here?" Dream asked, moving his legs to give George a spot to sit. He plopped down on the cushions with a hum of thought.

"If you want a sandwich, we could do Subway," he began listing things.

"Subway sounds good," Dream said. "Better than McDonalds or something."