Chapter Twenty Nine - The Rise of Lucien Castle

New Orleans, Louisiana, October 26th 2012.

Elena's POV.

It had been a week since Hayley and Keelin were rescued, they told us that a couple of vampires had taken them to extract their werewolf venom, under the orders of Lucien. I was currently sitting in my room with Mystic curled up beside me, leaning her head against my arm. I was reading my Grimoire, skimming over some of the pages that went into detail about the various magical objects that Nora created and what they are used for. I was hoping to find out if any of the objects could help protect us from Lucien.

I stopped on a specific page, the title capturing my eye.

' The Elixir '

' The Elixir is a very powerful liquid that will enhance the powers of the doppelganger. The doppelganger must drink this elixir on the night of the full moon when it is at it's peak. This elixir will only work on the doppelganger and the doppelganger alone. '

I looked down at Mystic before looking back at the grimoire. The Elixir? I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before my eyes widened in realisation. Looking down beside the bed I pulled the duffle bag up next to me, rummaging through the bag I stopped when I pulled out the vial of liquid.

This must be 'The Elixir'. I looked at it closely, the liquid in the vial was a dark red colour it looked like blood. The outside of the vial looked crystallised, I shook my head slightly before placing the vial back into the duffel bag.

I jumped when my bedroom door was opened suddenly. I looked up to see Maria, Jules and Aims looking at me frantically, I moved the grimoire further along my bed before I stood up and walked towards them.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Klaus is freaking out, Lucien has just called him and said that he has something that belongs to them, everyone else is downstairs and we can't get a hold of Freya" Aims said, my eyes widened as we all rushed down the stairs.

I ran into the lounge to see Hope sitting with Hayley, Marcel, Rebekah, Josh, Davina, Keelin, Alex, Gabe and Kol. Klaus and Elijah were pacing back and forth.

"What's happened?" I asked, Elijah turned to me.

"During the party that we threw to find out why Lucien was in New Orleans, he  told Klaus about this beast of prophecy that will end us all," Elijah began as my eyes widened.

"I'm going to kill him!" Klaus shouted.

"Niklaus calm down please" Elijah replied.

"What is the beast of prophecy?" Jules asked, Hayley turned to her.

"It basically means that he is going to become the most powerful creature on this planet, even more powerful than Klaus as an original hybrid. He told me and Keelin that he plans on becoming this so that he could destroy Klaus and his entire family. He needs the venom from all of the royal werewolves and the blood of an original" Hayley said, I gasped.

"The blood of an original...oh my god" I whispered.

Klaus turned to me sharply.

"What is it?" He asked, I looked to him.

"Lucien has Freya," I replied, he looked at me confused.

"You said that he needed the venom from the royal werewolves, which I'm guessing he has" I explained, looking to Hayley who nodded. "but he also needs the blood of an original, right?"

"But Freya isn't an original vampire" Klaus said, I rolled my eyes at his stupidity.

"Freya may not be an original vampire but she is an original witch and I'm pretty sure the blood doesn't have to be from a vampire as long as it's from an original," I replied, Klaus's eyes flashed gold as he picked up a glass from the table and threw it at the wall.