Epilogue

Mystic Falls, Virginia, April 13th 2019

6 years later...

Elena's POV.

It was the day that the Petrova Boarding School - For the Young and Gifted was opening. I was currently getting ready downstairs, looking up when I saw my husband, Kol walking towards me.

"Are you ready to open this school Mrs Mikaelson?" Kol asked, kissing me lightly.

"Mhmm" I replied, pulling back when I saw a head of dark hair run past us.

"Henrik Jeremy Mikaelson! What did I tell you about running in the house?" I said, sternly.

"To not do it," He replied, smirking a moment later as his eyes glinted mischieviously. "But it's so much fun"

I shook my head, smiling as Kol laughed. I turned to Kol.

"He gets that from you" I said, Kol grinned as he made his way over to our four year old son.

"Come on, little one. Let's go to the school" Kol said, as he picked up Henrik, placing him onto his shoulders.

He looked to me as he smiled, holding out his hand. I smiled back at him, placing my right hand into his as my left caressed my baby bump.

We walked outside and to the car, making our way to the Petrova Boarding School. Once we got there, we climbed out of the car - Henrik running towards his Aunt Freya.

"You are getting so big, Henri!" Freya exclaimed as she picked up Henrik.

"Hi Aunt Freya" Henrik mumbled.

Kol and I walked over to the rest of the guys as we waited for Ric and Jo to come out. I stood next to Rebekah, who looked to me and smiled.

"How's my niece doing?" She asked, pointing to my stomach.

"She's a kicker" I replied as I felt a small kick, Rebekah laughed.

"How's my little niece and nephew doing?" I asked, as I pointed to Rebekah's bump.

"They are being little menaces right now" She replied as she caressed her stomach, we both laughed.

"Are you excited? Nervous?" Rebekah asked.

"Both" I replied.

"I can't believe we are actually opening this school, I can remember when you came up with this idea like it was yesterday" Rebekah added.

"I know, it's insane but I'm glad that today is the day we are finally opening the Petrova Boarding School" I said, Rebekah nodded.

"Jeremy and Nora would be so proud of what you have achieved Elena" She said, I looked to her, smiling widely.

"Thank you Bex" I replied.

I looked around the front of the school, there was a lot of people here. Vampires, Werewolves and Witches alike had all come to see the opening of the school. My eyes watched as Henrik began to play with Jo and Ric's twins, Lizzie and Josie and his cousins, Hope, Freya and Keelin's son, Nik and Gabe and Davina's son, Louis. I smiled as Ric and Jo appeared, standing infront of the school.

Ric tapped his glass while everyone quietened down, Ric looked at all of us as he grabbed the microphone.

"I would like to thank everyone for coming today. It has been a long six years getting this school up and running, but we are here now and I couldn't be happier," Ric began, smiling as people applauded.

"You know we thought of this school to help those who were supernaturally gifted and those who were affected by the supernatural. We wanted a place where our children would be safe and protected and finally we are here. But this wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for some dear friends of mine," Ric continued as he pointed to all of us, we smiled as people cheered.

"And now I would like everyone to give a warm welcome to Elena Mikaelson, the woman who started it all and will be the one to officially open this school" Ric finished, smiling at me.

I smiled back as I made my way over to the front door of the Petrova Boarding School, a bright red ribbon displayed in front of it. I took the mic from Ric's hands as I looked back towards everyone.

"This has been a long process but we have come so far, so it is with great pleasure that I present to you, Petrova Boarding School - For the Young and Gifted," I said, handing Ric the mic and turning towards Jo, who handed me some scissors.

Cutting the ribbon, I grinned as everyone cheered.

"Welcome everyone" I added, as we all walked into the school.

Everyone made their way into the school, I looked around the student lounge in awe. The school was perfect. I smiled as people began conversing about how well the school turned out and how their children would love this. I walked through one of the hallways as I looked at the portraits of the people that the school was in honour of, my eyes filling with tears as I looked at Nora Petrova's portrait.

I giggled when I felt Kol's arms wrap around me, his lips kissing my neck gently.

"What's wrong darling?" He asked, I shook my head.

"Nothing I'm just happy," I replied, turning my head to the side to look at him.

I smiled as Kol turned us to the side, so we were facing each other. He leaned down, his lips gently brushing mine.

"I love you, Elena Mikaelson" Kol whispered against my lips.

"I love you too, Kol Mikaelson" I whispered back.

Kol's lips descended onto mine and I smiled. My life has been a rollercoaster of emotions, from ups and downs, highs and lows but now I was happier than I have ever been. I was married to an Original Vampire who at first was an enemy but has now become the love of my life, becoming a mother to a beautiful son and soon to be mother of a beautiful daughter. I was finally happy and I owe it all to my ancestor, Nora Petrova.