Chapter Eight - Lesson 4: Controlling Air

Gilbert Family Lake House, Dunham Lake, July 7th 2012.

Elena's POV.

I was back in the clearing as I saw Nora sitting on the stone slab, walking over to her I sat down. Nora turned to me as she smiled.

"Hello Elena, I see that you have learned to control fire, water and earth" Nora said, I nodded and smiled. "Now you're next lesson will be to learn how to control Air"

"I'm ready for this" I replied as Nora chuckled.

"I'm glad to hear it," She began, grabbing my hands, "after you learn this you will need to start preparing yourself for when The Sacred Coven come for you"

I nodded as she stood up. She walked around the clearing as I watched her, her skirts trailing behind as she moved.

"You need to make sure that you are fully preparing yourself and the people you will meet" Nora said, I stood up and looked at her confused.

"People I will meet?" I asked.

"Yes, in the next two weeks you will meet four people who are in need of your help" She said walking towards me, "you will need to help them Elena"

I nodded. "Of course I will"

"Good luck Elena, this will be the last time I will speak to you until you need me again" Nora said, I gasped.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked, she smiled before pulling into a hug.

"This isn't goodbye Elena, this is until next time" She replied before she pulled away and disappeared.

I woke up with a start before getting out of bed and changing into some clothes. Walking down the stairs, I filled Mystic's bowl before making my breakfast. Sitting down at the table, I sighed as I played with the pancakes that I had made before taking a bite. Nora said that I would be meeting four people in the next two weeks who need my help. Who are they? and what kind of help do they need?

I smiled slightly when Mystic jumped up onto the table, nudging her head against my chin. I wondered when I would see Nora again.

"I guess it's just me and you Mystic" I muttered before kissing her head gently.

Finishing my breakfast I washed the plate and put it away. Walking out of the house, I began making my way back towards the clearing with Mystic by my side. Entering the clearing I noticed that leaves had fallen from the trees, kneeling down beside Mystic I lightly scratched behind her ear.

"Today I'm learning how to control air, so lets see if I can move these leaves from the ground" I said, standing back up and walking to the middle of the clearing.

Holding my hands out in front of me, I focused on the wind picking up speed and raising the leaves up. I looked on in awe as the leaves began to rise, smiling I looked to Mystic.

"I did it Mist" I said.

Picking up Mystic, I began to twirl around with her as I made the leaves dance around us. Laughing I watched as the some of the leaves were higher than the others, continuing to dance with Mystic. I swayed back and forth with Mystic in my arms as the leaves twirled around us. I stopped swaying and placed Mystic down before I lowered the leaves back onto the ground, I looked down at Mystic as I smiled.

"So what do you think I should do next?" I asked, Mystic tilted her head to the side.

I looked around the the clearing as I began to think about what I could do next.

"How about I try and make the wind move the leaves around really fast, so it's like a mini tornado" I said, Mystic meowed.

Lifting my hands up I felt the wind picking up speed as the leaves began to move around. I watched in amazement as the leaves mixed with the strong wind began to make a small tornado. I grinned as I began jumping up and down.

"I did it Mystic!" I said before lowering my hands, the strong winds seized and the leaves fell to the floor.

"Hmm? Let's see if I can cause the wind to take all of the leaves off the trees" I said, Mystic meowed. 

I lifted my hands out in front of me, smiling when the wind began to pick up speed. Leaves from the trees began to fall off of the branches, my eyes widened in amazement as all of the leaves were swirling through the air. I moved my hands and watched as the leaves were swirling towards the ground before I lowered my hands and the leaves fell into a large pile. I smiled as I looked at Mystic. 

"I did it!" I said excitedly.

I turned around before motioning Mystic to follow me as we began to walk back home. Entering the house I sat down in the lounge while Mystic jumped up and sat on my lap, sighing I stroked her fur.

"Well I've learned to control all of the elements now, so all we need to do is wait until the four people we need to help show up" I told Mystic.

Raising my hand the candles in the room lit up, looking down at Jeremy's ring on my finger I smiled sadly. I giggled when Mystic sat up and began to lick my nose.

"I'm ok Mist really, I just miss Jer so much" I said, kissing Mystics head gently. "He would've loved you"

I looked at my phone noticing that it was 5pm, getting up I carried Mystic into the kitchen before filling her bowl with food. Turning around I began to make my dinner, looking down at my phone I smiled when I saw a text from Ric and Jo. Quickly sending one back I placed my dinner on a plate before sitting down at the table.

Once I had finished with my dinner, I placed my plate in the sink before walking into the lounge. Night had fallen, I smiled before I grabbed a blanket and some pillows. Taking them outside I placed them on the ground before I laid down, resting my head against the pillow. Turning my head slightly I chuckled when I saw that Mystic had done the same, her small head was perched on the pillow as her eyes closed.

Looking back at the sky, I smiled when I saw the stars filling the sky. My eyes lit up when I saw them, before chuckling.

"Hey Jer, I don't know if you can hear me but if you can I just want to say that I miss you so much. I am so sorry that I brought you into this mess, I don't know if you have found peace or not but if you have say hi to mum and dad for me, as well as aunt Jenna yeah? I love you Jer" I said out loud as I continued to look at the stars.

I felt small drops of water hit my skin, before I quickly got up and grabbed the blanket and pillows. Picking up Mystic as well I ran back into the house, just as I had closed the door I heard the rain outside. Placing the blanket and pillows back onto the couch, I smiled as I looked out the window watching the rain.

"Come on Mystic lets get ready for bed" I said.

Turning around I lowered the flames of the candles and smiled when they went out. I walked towards the stairs as I carried Mystic up. As we got to my room, I placed Mystic down before I got changed into some sleep wear. Crawling into bed, I smiled when Mystic curled up beside me. Kissing her head lightly I laid my head down on the pillow, my eyes closing instantly.