Chapter Thirty - The Reign of Lucien Castle

New Orleans, Louisiana, December 10th 2012.

Elena's POV.

It's been less than two months since Lucien became the Beast of prophecy and he has been using this time to antagonise Klaus. Killing the locals and placing their dead bodies out in front of the compound, wolves, witches, humans and vampires alike. Lucien has been doing everything and Klaus is starting to get pissed off.

I was currently sitting in my room with Kol as we looked through my grimoire to see if we can find anything about how to destroy Lucien.

"I can't find anything" I groaned out in frustration, running my hands through my hair.

Kol grabbed me, pulling me onto his lap. I gasped lightly as my eyes connected with his dark ones.

"Don't worry darling, death has come for us many times and we've always managed to escape her," Kol began as his fingers danced across my hips. "We will find a way to kill Lucien."

I bit my lip gently as I looked down. What if we don't find a way to kill Lucien? I don't want to lose them, I don't want to lose Kol. My eyes snapped up when I felt Kol pull me closer to him, our noses almost brushing against each others.

"What is it, darling?" Kol asked, I placed my hands on his shoulders. My fingers playing with the hair at the nape of his neck.

"What if we don't find a way to kill Lucien? What if he is unkillable? I don't want to lose you guys," I said, placing my hand against Kol's cheek, "I don't want to lose you."

Kol smiled before kissing my palm. "You're not going to lose them or me."

"I hope not" I mumbled, leaning my forehead against Kol's.

I gasped lightly when Kol turned and kissed my inner wrist, tingles ran through my entire body. I bit my lip before my eyes closed in bliss when Kol bit my wrist.

"Kol..." I moaned lowly, my head tilting back.

Kol groaned as he drank from me, wrapping his arm around my lower back he pulled me closer to him. Moaning, I moved my hips against him. Kol pulled away from my wrist as I looked back at him.

"Elena..." Kol moaned, before biting his wrist and holding it in front of me.

Grabbing his wrist, I held his gaze as I moved it to my mouth. My eyes slowly closing when I began to drink from him. Kol's hand trailed down and grabbed my hip as I grabbed a fistful of his shirt in my right hand.

"Fuck..." Kol cursed as I moved my hips back and forth, grinding against him.

I let go of his wrist before opening my eyes and looking at him. His eyes connected with mine and I bit my lip when I saw lust swirling in them. My hand reached for the back of his neck before I pulled him to me and crashed my lips against his.

Kol groaned as I pushed him down onto the bed slowly, my lips trailing kisses past his jaw and down to his neck. We parted quickly with a gasp, sitting up straight when we heard a scream from downstairs. Kol looked at me before vamping us down to the lounge.

"What's happen--" Kol began but I cut him off when an agonised gasp left my mouth.

Lucien had left another body on the doorstep of the compound, Vincent's body. His head was removed and was placed in the middle of his back, his brown eyes staring holes at us. Tears filled my eyes as I heard Jules' scream.

"VINCENT!!NOOO!!"

I looked to see her falling to her knees as Gabe and Aims held her to them. I quickly turned around, burying my face into Kol's chest. I didn't want to see the pain and heartbreak on her face, it was too much. I turned slightly to see Alex nodding at Klaus and Elijah, who vamped out and back in with Vincent's body.

I turned my face back into Kol's chest when I saw a glimpse of Vincent's body being carried in. I felt Kol press a kiss to my head before lightly running his fingers through my hair.

"It's ok, darling" He whispered, I wrapped my arms around his waist, pulling him tighter to me.

I pulled back from Kol, turning to look at Gabe and Jules. I saw Gabe and Jules nodding at each other before Gabe looked to the rest of us.

"We need to give V a proper send off, we can't leave him like that" Gabe said.

"What did you have in mind, Gabriel?" Elijah asked.

"I say we burn him and put his ashes somewhere safe, so that after we defeat Lucien we can properly bury him." Gabe replied, Jules nodding in agreement.

"Ok, we can have the proper send off at 7pm tonight, that will leave us enough time to get everything ready" Freya said.

We all nodded before I walked upstairs to get ready. I walked into my room, looking over at my alarm clock to see that it was 5:30pm already.

I walked into the my bathroom before stripping of my clothes and getting into the shower. Washing my hair and myself, I stepped out wrapping a white towel around me. Walking back into my room, I began to get ready for Vincent's send off. I can't believe Lucien would go as far as to kill one our friends but then it is Lucien. He would do anything to get under Klaus' skin.

Once ready, I looked over at my alarm clock. It was 6pm, I walked over to my bed before sitting down. Picking up my Grimoire, I looked through the pages again, trying to find anything that will help us end Lucien. I stopped on the page about 'The Elixir', there was something about this page that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

'The doppelganger must drink this liquid on the night of a full moon and it will enhance the powers of the doppelganger' What does that mean? Enhance my powers? I closed the Grimoire when I heard a knock on my door, walking over and opening the door I saw Kol standing there. I smiled as he held out his hand.

"Ready, darling?" He asked, I nodded.

Placing my hand in his, we began to walk down the stairs and into the lounge. Everyone was there, Vincent's body was wrapped in a white cloth and candles were placed all over the room. Kol wrapped his arms around as I leaned back into him.

I watched as Gabe and Jules walked up to Vincent's body, holding out their hands for a moment before stepping back as Vincent's corpse was engulfed with flames. We watched as his body burned, saying our goodbyes. Two hours had passed before Vincent's body was fully turned to ash. I turned to Kol as Gabe and Jules came out with an urn for Vincent's ashes.

"I'm going to go feed Mystic, I shouldn't be too long" I said, Kol nodded.

I turned and grabbed some cat food from the kitchen before walking up the stairs to my bedroom. Walking into my room, I placed the food in Mystic's bowl. Looking out the window, I noticed the moon. It was a full moon, it was big and bright.

Take the Elixir.

I heard a voice say, I looked around the room confused. Who was that?

Take the Elixir, doppelganger. It will help you.

There it was again. I walked over to Nora's duffle bag before kneeling on the floor and opening it. Pulling out the Elixir, I looked at it doubtfully, how is this supposed to help me? I heard gates crashing and Klaus screaming.

"LUCIEN!!"

My eyes widened as I looked at my door, He's here?! How?!

Take the Elixir now!

I heard again, I looked at the Elixir before opening it. Swirling the liquid inside the vial slightly, i placed it against my lips. Looking to Mystic, I smiled.

"Bottoms up.." I whispered before drinking the Elixir in one go.

The last thing I heard were screams before I fell back onto the floor, my eyes closing as darkness consumed me.