Chapter 2

Sapnap's POV (the next day)

"Get ready, racers! Today is the second race of the Manburg Racing cup!" The announcer yelled into his mic, earning cheering from the fans.

Sapnap climbed into his car, cracking his neck and fingers before grabbing the steering wheel. Sapnap loved the thrill of racing. Ever since he was little. He had lived in a house near the race track and would sneak out whenever he could to go watch the races with his friends. Racing was something that had fascinated him. Especially since he lived next to a race track and could hear the sounds of the cars driving and the announcer hyping it up.

"You ready Sap?" One of his best friends, Karl, had spoken.

"Are you kidding? I was born ready, Karl." Sapnap chuckled.

Karl Jacobs, the communicator. Karl and Sapnap had met one of the times Sapnap had snuck out. They had mutual friends at the time, those friends since parting from the group to go do their careers. Karl was a sweetheart, similar to Alec. Karl was the third of Sapnap's crew to join him.

"Yeah, yeah. Blade is racing today." Karl informed him.

"No sign of Jones then?" Sapnap asked, hoping that she wasn't racing.

"She isn't scheduled for today." Karl chuckled.

"Thank the lord. I don't want her techy nerd to get her ahead of me again." Sapnap rolled his eyes, still annoyed after his third-place finish the day before.

Sapnap sat in the car for a moment before slipping his helmet on. He looked out the right side window to see car 45 next to him. Techno Blade's car. He then looked out the left window to see his crew, ready and cheering his name already.

"You got this Sap. Just focus." The voice of his long-time childhood friend rang through the headset under his helmet.

"Thanks, Dream. I got this." Sapnap nodded.

Dream WasTaken, the best friend. Dream and Sapnap grew up together, neighbors. The two had gotten into racing around the same time. Dream wasn't the most confident when it came to racing which is why Sapnap was the racer and Dream was the techy guy. Similar to what Fundy does. Dream was the first person to join the crew.

The red light changed to yellow, everyone revving their engines. The same events tended to occur at the beginning of every race. Sapnap took a deep breath, gripping the steering wheel.

"Breathe Sap. You can do this." Karl told Sapnap.

Sapnap listened, doing as he was told. The light changed once more, going from yellow to green, signaling the start of the race. Sapnap raced forwards, ending up in the back mainly. He had 20 laps to make it up. 5 laps later, he was 10th of 20. 10 laps in, he was 5th. 15 laps in, he made it to 2nd.

"How do I pass Blade?" Sapnap asked through his headset, shifting gears.

"Blade always takes the inside lane whenever the turn comes. If you go fast enough on the outside lane you can pass him." Karl explained.

Sapnap nodded, even though Karl couldn't see him. Sapnap did as he was instructed, the cheers of his fans being picked up through Karl's mic. He passed Techno, doing his best to stay ahead for the next two laps. Luckily he was able to, coming in first while Techno came in second.

Sapnap climbed out of the car, pulling his helmet off and walking over to his crew. They celebrated the win that boosted their overall placement.

"Let's goooooo!!!" George cheered, running over from where he had been talking to Fundy. Sapnap noticed, a small frown forming on his face but he grinned at the praise from his friends.

George NotFound, the colorblind. George was British, being close to Veronica and most of Techno's crew. That didn't stop him from putting in all his efforts to help his crew. George had no interest in racing when Dream invited him to join the crew. George's interest only grew from there. George did most of the repairs and helped Dream out.

"You popped off! He's popping off your honor!" Quackity shouted, tackling the sweaty racer in a hug.

Quackity HQ, the hype man. Quackity's dad was a famous racer, like many other racers. Unfortunately, an accident happened, causing the loss of Quackity's father. Due to that, Quackity was terrified to get behind the wheel of a race car. He was able to still help out with his friend Sapnap. Karl and Quackity just so happened to be secretly dating. Or as secret as literally everyone and their mothers knowing about it. Everyone just let them pretend it was a secret. Quackity was the designer of racing suits and car accessories.

Fundy walked over to the group.

"Hey! Congrats on the win today!" Fundy told Sapnap, holding his hand out to shake.

"Uh, thanks." Sapnap nodded, ignoring Fundy's hand.

"Are you guys going to go celebrate?" Fundy asked.

"Probably not. Sapnap doesn't celebrate in fear he will do poorly in the next race." George chuckled.

"How about we don't tell the enemy our habits," Sapnap told George, glaring at him.

"Well if you guys aren't celebrating then. George, you wanna come to hang out?" Fundy smiled at George.

"Sure! I need to talk to V and Alec anyway." George smiled, waving to his friends as he walked away with Fundy.

Sapnap was unpleased by this, walking off to the trailer in annoyance. He didn't like his crew talking with the enemy, especially the Jones crew. He trusted his crew but he didn't trust anyone else's and that they wouldn't trick his crew into giving away stuff.

Dream walked in after Sapnap, in an attempt to talk some sense into him. It wasn't working and Sapnap just fell asleep instead of worrying about it. He had a day off from racing so he intended to catch up on his sleep.

Chapter 2 B) lets goooo

~Dawn~

Word Count: 996