Chapter 9

TW: Death

Dream and Veronica were singing their hearts out to the radio of Dream's rental car. They were enjoying themselves, they had fast food, music, and each other. Eventually the fun ended as they parked in the same parking lot that Alec and Veronica had parked in the other day. They sat in silence inside the rental car for a bit before Veronica unbuckled and got out of the car, Dream following not far behind. The two sat on the hood of the car, leaning onto each other.

"He killed them." Veronica said, breaking the silence.

"Jared?" Dream asked.

"Yeah. Made the judges believe it was an accident. He only got 3 years in prison." Veronica looked at her hands.

"That's why you and Alec are so cautious around him." Dream said, grabbing one of Veronica's hands.

"He threatened me today. Said he would do the same thing he did to my dad." Veronica started messing with the rings on Dream's hands.

"Did anyone witness this?"

"Slimecicle. The announcer guy. He stopped Jared from doing whatever he was going to do."

"Slime seems nice."

"I think so too."

"Does anyone else know about this?"

"Fundy, Eret, Alec, and Wilbur. Now you."

"Wilbur knows?"

"Wilbur's ex wife cheated on him with Jared. Before everything happened."

"Oh prime."

"Yeah, hence his song Your New Boyfriend."

"It's a good song." Dream chuckled.

"I agree. Wilbur and the rest of the Minecraft crew are like another family to Alec and I."

"That's good. That's really good."

Silence washed over the duo once more as they watched the sunset.

"How are you after today?" Veronica asked.

"I'm doing okay. Sapnap is my best friend. I'll always be his best friend."

"This is just you taking a stand. Which is good for you."

"He gets scared that everyone is going to leave him."
"He pushed them away."

"I know. He could never push me away though. Till now."
"Things happen. I have known Fundy since diapers. We fight more than you may think."

"He yelled at George today. George agreed with me."

"George is a good guy. Grew up with him too."

"Good looking too." Dream mumbled.

"Fundy owes me 20 bucks." Veronica chuckled.

"What?"

"Oh! We bet on whether or not you had a crush on George."

"I don't have a crush on George."

Veronica crossed her arms and stared at him.

"Okay, I may have a slight one."

"Mmmhm. Sure. Thanks for making me 20 bucks."

"You are an idiot."

"Ah yes, the smartest idiot you will ever meet." Veronica joked.

"Are you feeling any better?"