Chapter 19

Veronica looked like shit. She had dark bags under her eyes and her hair was everywhere. She stared at herself in the bathroom mirror before she decided to get her act together.

She took a shower, dried her hair, and got dressed. She knew what she needed to do. Veronica walked out of her trailer, headed straight over to the Flame trailer and knocked on the door. George opened the door, smiling at the girl.

"Ronica! Been a while." George greeted.

"It has. Is Sapnap here?" Veronica asked.

"Yeah. Sapnap!" George called.

"What do you want?" Sapnap asked George as he walked over. He turned and saw the girl.

"Excuse us George." Sapnap said, stepping out of the trailer and walking elsewhere with the girl.

"Sap, we need to talk." Veronica started.

"I agree. This hate has gotten out of hand." Sapnap said, running his hand through his hair.

"I know. I haven't slept all week." Veronica sighed.

"What? Ro, you need sleep." Sapnap took her hands, worried for her.

"I know. I know I do but these people want me dead. How am I supposed to sleep?" Veronica mumbled.

"What do we do? This can't be a thing that happens. This is unhealthy." Sapnap told her.

"They don't want us together, Sap. They made that clear. All we can do is listen. Before something bad happens to one of us." Veronica said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"What are you trying to say here?" Sapnap asked, pretty sure he knew but wanted her to say it.

"We need to break up." Veronica told him, her voice breaking mid sentence.

Sapnap and the girl looked at each other for a while. Tears threatened to spill from both their eyes as Sapnap nodded.

"Yeah. Yeah okay. I guess that's it then. It lasted a good week." Sapnap laughed awkwardly, clearly hurt.

"Sapnap, I'm sorry." Veronica told him.

"No, no it's alright. We could have figured something out, but if this is your solution then I guess we should follow it." Sapnap said, backing up and shaking his head.

"Sap.." Veronica tried.

"Just, have a nice life Veronica. I'm sure our paths will cross. We have the same friends after all." Sapnap walked away after that, heartbroken and leaving behind an equally heartbroken girl behind.

Sapnap walked into the trailer, all his crew looking at him as tears fell from his eyes. Dream and George were the first to his sides as Sapnap broke into quiet sobs in their arms. Karl and Quackity looked at each other before joining them.

Veronica walked back to her trailer, tears streaming down her face. She walked inside, walking straight up to Fundy and hugging him silently. Fundy wrapped his arms around the girl, comforting her while the others comforted Veronica in different ways. Veronica told them what happened as she cried.

It didn't take long for word to get out among the fans, the hate dying down over the next few days. The two racers were miserable but they pulled themselves together and got ready for the finals rematch.

Oopsie :D
The next few might be small chapters, depends on how much i write lmao

~Dawn~

Word Count: 512