🔹️The meet

--------------------------------------
Itaewon-dong, Seoul
--------‐-----------------------

I didn't want to come. I was already suspicious that in the calm that my mother presented, behind this, something was coming.

She transferred me so that Na-young and I couldn't see each other. I just didn't know how far from home it would be so far across the country.

I'm bringing the basics. Many things for my entertainment remained there. It didn't hurt at all to say goodbye to my friends, I barely slept because I was so discouraged when I found out I was going back to Seoul.

I don't have many memories here, I was very young.

I woke up early so we could travel early. I didn't want to leave Busan, I wanted to enjoy every second of that morning, and before I even got in the car, I had already missed it.

For a second, I miss someone I'll probably never see again.

Maybe Mom is right. A new routine in another city would be better for me. But no matter how much I try to pretend, I still think about her. All those mornings when Na-young was the reason I went to school.

Mom is in a hurry. Today is Wednesday, and she wants to get back as soon as possible because she took time off from work.

I'm anxious; if on the one hand I miss my city, on the other hand Seoul is very interesting, but being without my mother for the first time is something that scares me a little.

For starters, I'm not tall, I think that's a disadvantage. Wearing glasses will only stop me from getting punched in the face. I have physical strength, I've never fought, but I'll bet anyone that if I have the opportunity to run, no one will catch me.

''This is where you're going to spend the year,'' says Mom, turning left and stopping the car at a turnstile at the foot of a big, long ramp. In the distance, behind some cherry trees mixed with pine trees, I can see the top of the building with its bluish windows. There's the park near here, and in the distance, at the top of the mountain, I see Namsan Tower.

I take off my seat belt when a guard approaches her and speaks. He has short hair and wears a blue shirt uniform. He glances briefly at me in the passenger seat and lets us in.

Slowly, the HB20 climbs the ramp and curves to the left towards the main entrance. Just seeing the facade of the luxurious building so mirrored, it makes my stomach sink. It is much larger than state schools. It's not even possible to compare.

I open the window so I can see the grass on the sides. These are real grasses. There are no weeds.

I would like to know how much the monthly fee for this here costs. Probably enough to my parents rub it in that they paid for an expensive school for me.

After the car goes up the ramp and stops in front of the main hallㅡall empty and calmㅡ, mom turns off the car and looks at me.

The door unlocks, but I don't open it. My body is getting heavy. The eyes suddenly filled with water.

I stare at the silver letters above the sliding glass door. It says BOARDING SCHOOL, and the rest doesn't matter so much.

I look at Mom in shock, but she doesn't mind my look. Her hands haven't even let go of the steering wheel yet, and she hasn't even taken off her seat belt.

''Am I staying here?'', I ask, in disbelief.

''You're going to stay here.'' Mom smiles at me.

''Can't you see I'm not well? Mom, am I going to... boarding school?''