Chapter 7

Angelina's pov

"Dear, new books have arrived. Can you arrange them" Charlie said pointing to the cardboard box on his big table.

"Yes Charlie" I said taking the box. I started walking to the book aisle with Luna trailing behind me.

"Mommy can I help?" she asked when I dropped the box on the floor.

"Sure baby" I said sitting on the floor. I opened the box and took out the books. Luna did the same. I arranged them to the categories. After that, I placed them on the empty shelf.

"Baby, everything is finished. Go to Charlie grandpa" I said. She ran to him at the entrance.

It's already seven and the library is empty with silence. Sometimes I like this silence.

I cleaned the aisle, dusting the old books.

I went back to Charlie and found him updating the record book. Luna was no where to be found.

"Where is Luna?" I asked. Charlie looked up at me.

"A young man came here and she went with him. There she is" he said pointing behind me. I turned around and looked where he was pointing.

Kai was sitting on the couch with Luna on his lap as he read a book.

"When did he come here" I asked Charlie turning to him.

"It's been almost half an hour. Do know him?" he asked.

"Maybe" I mumbled but he heard.

"Are you hiding something from me" he asked crossing his arms.

"I am not hiding anything" I said walking away him as he chuckled. I went near Luna and Kai.

".....and the princess was scared that her stepmother will find it" Kai said.

"She is mean. Princess did a good job hiding her shoes" Luna said.

"What are you reading" I asked standing beside them. They both looked up at me.

"Mommy, Kai is reading Cinderella for me" she said and looked back at the book. But Kai is still looking at me. I put my hands in my hoodie pockets at the front and sat beside him.

"Are you following me" I asked.

"You wish" he asked smirking at me. I narrowed my eyes at him making him chuckle.

"I came to get a book here but found Luna. She asked me to read a book for her, so I am reading" he said.

"You can go get your book, I will continue from here" I said and tried to take the book.

"But I want Kai to read it" Luna said pulling the book away from me.

"Baby, he has other things to do. I will read it" I said. She shook her head making angry face at me.

"I want Kai to read it" she shouted.

"Baby......" Kai interrupted me.

"It's okay. I will read it. You came here to take a book" he asked turning the page.

"No, I work here" I said.

"That's good" he said and continued reading the book for Luna. I sighed and went away from them.

I sat on the other couch and looked at them. Kai was reading the book and explaining to Luna. She looked more involved in the story. She would ask him questions, and he was answering them.

"Did you find yourself a boyfriend without telling me" I heard Charlie voice beside me. I turned to him.

"You know I don't date" I said.