Chapter 19

Kai's pov

When will she give me a chance?

It's been almost two weeks.

I haven't seen her since I took her to the farm. Even Luna. I haven't seen her for almost a week.

One day I was not able to meet my babygirl because I had a early meeting. And the next day, I found out that Luna has been dropped out of the daycare. I was confused. I called and messaged Charlotte but she ignored me saying she needs more time.

But that's not the point. Why did she dropout Luna from daycare?

And I left her alone respecting her decision. If it's mean to wait, I will.

Annie is clinging more to me now. Not like she is seducing me or trying to get me. She is constantly in my building doing the business. Even around my penthouse. When I changed my password, she has been living in the same hotel.

Because of her, I bought a mansion little far away from the city. I just moved here two days back and I'm loving it. Only Thomas know about this. And I want to show this to Charlotte and Luna. I even got a room full of toys for her.

I hope she likes it.

For few days, I tried to call Charlotte but her cellphone is switched off.

And I have a unsettling feeling in my chest.

I have few meetings in the morning and thought to drop by Charlotte's apartment in the evening.

Soon the meetings were finished. It's really annoying when Annie is here. I can't just ignore her now when their parents are here. They have huge investment in my company. So I just act professional.

Whenever we walk around the building. Annie would slip her arms into mine. I would push her away slowly but she slips back her arms around mine. It looks like we are couples. But we are not.

I want only my Angelina.

Finally in the evening I was driving to her apartment.

I want to hug her, kiss her lips for a long time without any interruption. And to spend some time with my babygirl, it's been days.

I miss them.

I parked my car and went up inside her apartment. When I came to her floor, I saw Alice knocking at her door looking worried.

"Hey what happened" I asked. Alice turned to me sighed.

"Thank God, you came. Charlotte is not opening her door. Can you talk to her" she said. I moved towards the door and knocked.

"Charlotte open the door, it's me" I said. I looked back at Alice. She ran her hand in her hair looking frustrated.

"You don't have her keys" I asked.

"I did. But two days back, Charlotte asked the keys because she lost hers while coming back home. And she has been acting wierd for the past few days. The last time I saw her was when I gave her the keys" she said.

"Did you call her" I asked trying to turn the knob.

"Her cellphone is switched off for few days" she said clearly still worried.

"Charlotte, if you are in there open the door right now" I shouted.

I don't care if I am disturbing the neighbours.

"Stay back" I said pushed the door with my shoulder. With few more hard push and kicks, the door bang opened due to the force.

"Charlotte" I called walking inside. Alice ran past me into the room. I looked around in the kitchen. Everything looked same.