Chapter 43

Angelina's pov

I woke up opening my eyes gasping for air.

I looked around and realised that I am in our room with Kai sleeping beside me. His arm was wrapped around my waist. I pulled it away from him and sat at the side on the bed running my hand in my hair.

Another nightmare.

Thank God I didn't wake him up. I looked at the time and it was six in the morning. I furrowed my eyebrows looking back at Kai. Usually he would be up by this time.

I let him sleep for some more time and went to bathroom to take shower. I removed my nightdress and looked myself in the mirror. There were many hickeys all over my chest and neck. I scowled and went into the shower. I should talk with him about not giving hickeys to me.

After showering, I dressed up with sweatpants and one of Kai's hoodie. As I got up early, I might help the cook for breakfast.

I went out of the room downstairs to the kitchen. I greeted the cook and helped her making breakfast. After everything was done, I went to the living room having my coffee. I sat on the couch drinking it.

Suddenly my eyes caught something on the table. I placed the coffee mug on the table and took the newspaper reading the headlines.

'The most bachelor billionaire Kai Blackstone is taken?'

Yesterday around four in the evening, Kai Blackstone is seen with Annie Gibson at his hotel. It seems like they had lunch together. Miss Gibson seems to be said something to Mr. Blackstone before leaving. What is their relationship? Are they dating?

I read the content and looked at the photo which was displayed. That woman hand was on Kai's arm whispering something to him. I can't see Kai face because it was covered by the woman.

What is this? I checked the date of the newspaper and it was today's date.

I stood up from the couch and started walking to our room to confront Kai about it.

As I entered the room, Kai came out of the closet only in his sweatpants drying his hair with a towel.

I stopped infront of him and threw the newspaper on his chest at which he caught it and looked at me in confusion.

"What is this" I asked crossing my arms infront of me.

"What?" he asked.

"Read the headlines" I said. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at the newspaper. Once he read, his eyes went wide in shock.

"What the fuck" he said and looked at me "It's not what it looks like. I should have told you what happened yesterday, but I forgot. I didn't know....." I cut him off.

"Why is her hand on your arm" I asked. He looked at me surprised blinking my eyes.

"What?" he asked looking at me confused.

"Why didn't you pull away when she touched you? I know she likes you but what's the need to touch you. If I see her touching you again, I don't know what..." my rambling was cut off my Kai laughing.

"Are you jealous" he asked smiling at me. I glared at him.

"Ofcourse I am jealous. Some other woman is touching my man. How can I not be jealous when I know she has feelings for you. If I see her again, I am going to show......." I was cut off by Kai kissing my lips grabbing my neck.

I kissed him back wrapping my arms around his neck. He moved his hands to my hips picking me up making me wrap my legs around his waist. He moved and sat on the bed as I straddled him.