Chapter 6

Kai's pov

I continued looking at the files since I reached to my office today.

The work pressure is really so much.

My cellphone started ringing. I looked at it and saw Thomas calling me. I picked it up and looked back at the file.

"What is it Thomas" I asked.

"I got the information about her" he said. I stopped looking at the file.

"What? That fast" I said leaning back on the chair.

"Yes. It was pretty damn easy and you are not gonna like what you see" he said.

"Come to my office now" I said.

"Nope. I want a dinner from you and then I will give the file" he said. I looked at the time and it was six in the evening.

"Fine. Meet me at the meeting room in my hotel at nine" I said.

"Sure" he said hanging up.

I called my manager and said him to arrange everything. I continued my work until eight thirty and left to my hotel.

I went to the meeting room directly and saw Thomas waiting for me inside.

"Where is the file?" I said sitting beside him.

"Here it is" he said giving the file.

I opened it and started reading.

Charlotte Brooke born on July 10 1998 in New York.

She is a year younger to me?

There was a proof of her birth certificate. I turned the page and looked at the other details.

Her parents died in a car crash when she was 10. Her grandparents were looking after her after her parents died but they were dead in the fire accident in their home five years back. That time Charlotte had a boyfriend and got pregnant with him. And the guy didn't accept the baby and ran away to other country. There is no photo of her childhood because it got burnt in the fire. But there are passport photos of their family. Her parents were not the one I saw in Florida but a different one. Even Charlotte photo, she looks thinner with shoulder length hair. It's hard to say if she is Angelina in this. Even there is a report of the car crash and fire incident.

Everything here proves that she lived here.

Charlotte parents were friends with Alice parents. So Charlotte and Alice are friends because of their parents. After Charlotte having baby, both Alice and Charlotte moved to their own apartment started leading their life.

Alice Harper works in KB hotel after completing her bachelor's. Charlotte had completed only highschool in New York school. She didn't go to college because of shortage of money. She lived by working at the dine.

The address to the dine was little near to the hotel.

"I met her yesterday at the dine" Thomas said. I looked at him.

"When I saw her, I was surprised. I thought she was Angelina for a second but I knew she wasn't. They both are very different in person. I asked her, did she live in Florida and she said no. So I let it slide. When I saw her photo today, I thought she was Angelina Cooper but she is not. She is Charlotte Brooke" he said.

"It's so confusing. This doesn't look real" I said.

"I thought the same, so I went around asking about it. I know it's hard to believe, but it's the truth. I found every evidence proving that she lived here. So it's not your Angelina" he said.