Chapter 45

Angelina's pov

"Yes, I am a virgin" I said.

I looked down and started fiddling with my fingers.

Suddenly I heard Kai laugh. I looked up at him. He ran his hand in his hair looking confused.

"Wait...wait a minute" he said to himself looking confused as hell.

"You are telling me you are a virgin when you are a mother of a child. And you both look exactly the same except your eye colour" he scoffed and continued "How..... How the fuck is it possible. Tell me you are joking" he asked looking at me. I didn't reply anything but to sit still.

"Wha..........how?" he said. I was just looking at him.

"Then who's daughter is she?" he asked softly. My eyes filled with tears.

"My mom" I said.

"What" he whispered shouted looking at me in surprise.

"Do you remember when I said that I was sold to Ace" he nod his head "That night when my father and Ace came to our house. They were slightly drunk. When Peter broke the news, I was a crying mess. Ace came towards me and started touching me inappropriately. My mom was beside me immediately pushing that man away. After calming me down, she assured me to go to my room. I went and locked the door before sleeping. Suddenly in the middle of the night, I heard my mom shouting. I went out of the room and tried to open her door. But it was locked from inside. I stood outside banging at the door hearing my mom screams and struggle"

"After finding something to break the room, I went inside. I saw my mom crying on the bed covering herself with Ace sleeping beside her like naked dead man. Then I came to know he raped my mom. And the worst part is Peter was in the same room sitting on the chair sleeping with a beer in his hand. That was my worst night. I didn't save my mom. I was not fast enough to break the door to save her" I cried in my hands. I felt Kai arms wrap around me calming me down.

"When I was stabbed and mom moved us to Alabama. She found out she was pregnant. Not even for a second she thought to abort it. She did her best to grow the child. Along with being pregnant, she worked hard, sent me to school and looked after us. We were both good at hiding from them. When she was nine months pregnant, Peter found us accidentally. We both started running away from him but he shot mom in the shoulder" I said crying out louder.

"We tricked him and ran away. I called my mom's friend and helped mom to take her to the hospital. She knew her chances of living was less because of all blood loss. She gave birth to Luna that day. And at her last breath, she made me promise. She made me promise that, I should look after Luna as my own daughter and not to tell anyone about it. She also made me promise that, I shouldn't tell Luna who her mother is. She didn't want her baby to grow up thinking that her mom is dead. So she told me to look after her like my own daughter" I cried in Kai's shoulder as me rubbed my back.

"I know I broke her promise for not telling anyone when I am telling you. But I didn't want to keep or could keep things from you. I knew once we had sex, you would be shocked. So I told you before we did it" I said.

"Shh it's okay. You did the right thing" he said kissing my head.

"What happened after that" he asked once I calmed down.

"After making me promise, she took her last breath. My mom friend gave me the baby and told me to run away. I wasn't ready to leave, but Peter members were outside. I knew we both would be dead if I didn't leave. Mom friend helped me escape from the hospital. I ran away carrying a just born baby. I went to the train station and took a train to the New York. And the rest is all you know" I sighed looking at my hands.