Chapter 9

Kai's pov

It's been a really hectic two weeks. I got a new deal and it was not a easy one.

I feel guilty that I broke Luna's promise. Even if I tried, I couldn't get time to meet her. I would just speak with her when she is with Alice.

I don't know why, I feel a connection to her.

Just like to Charlotte.

I can clearly say that she is avoiding me. After going to her apartment she has been ignoring me. I can feel that. I am thinking how to spend time with them. It's been three days now and I haven't seen them.

So today I left my work early to meet Luna. Also Thomas is tagging along with me.

"What is so important that you took a day off coming early" he asked.

"I haven't seen Luna for three days" I said.

"And her mother" he said smirking at me. I rolled my eyes and looked out of the car window. Soon the driver reached the hotel and the paparazzi gathered around my car. My bodyguards came and helped me and Thomas to get inside the hotel.

It's not been a month I started staying here and these paparazzi got my penthouse location in ten days. Crazy people.

I walked to the receptionist area and found Alice speaking to Luna. As Luna saw me, she beamed in happiness.

"Kai" she said. I went to her and picked her in my arms.

"How is my baby girl" I asked.

"I am good" she said smiling at me. I caressed her soft cheeks with my thumb smiling at her.

"Can you file a workplace safety incident report? Because I just fell for you." I heard Thomas speak. I looked at him. He was leaning on the desk looking at Alice in a dreamy way.

"Really! How about file to hell because you have killed yourself falling for me" she said rolling her eyes. He pouted at her.

"You are no fun" Thomas said. She turned to me.

"Come here pumpkin" she said. Luna shook her head hugging my neck.

"No I want to be with Kai" Luna said.

"Luna, they just got back from work. They will leave now. Come here" Alice said. Luna shook her head as tears gathered in her eyes.

"I want Kai. I will not leave him" she cried. Before Alice could say anything, I stopped her.

"I will take her to my penthouse. Don't worry. Come on Thomas" I said walking away from the receptionist area not waiting for her reply.

As we all entered the penthouse, I asked Luna what she wanted to do.

"Can we watch frozen movie" she asked. I said okay. After changing our clothes, we sat in the living room watching the movie with her. Thomas was bored at the starting but he watched it with seriousness at the end.

"Kai" Luna called me after the movie was over.

"Yes baby girl" I said. She leaned to my ear and whispered.

"I have to pee"

I chuckled at her shyness but helped her to the bathroom. After getting back to the living room, Thomas had setup the video games.

"Do you want to play video games Luna" Thomas asked. Luna nod her head vigorously and went off from my arms to Thomas. He explained how to use the controller and helped her to play with the games.

"Kai come play with us" Luna said giving me a controller. We all played and let Luna win the game. Because she looked so happy running around the living room. I never felt free around other kids but Luna. She feels special.