Chapter 35

Kai's pov

I woke up to the noise of whimpering beside me. Immediately I opened my eyes and looked at my left.

Angelina was thrusting around the bed, whimpering with closed eyes. I grabbed her hands and pulled her to me hugging her tightly.

"It's okay, Angel. You are safe. You are safe" I whispered trying to calm her down running my fingers through her hair.

Immediately she stopped whimpering and sighed sleeping again. I kept massaging her head as I looked at the time. It was five in the morning.

I looked at Angelina and saw sweat on her forehead, even with the AC on in my room. I wiped her sweat off.

Her nightmares are back.

It had been two weeks since she came back.

It had been more different from before as Alice said. When Angelina came to New York first, Alice was with her as she helped. Alice said she was not this scared before.

I don't know what happened before but I can feel, it's worst.

Not once but thrice she wakes up in the night screaming for help. She looks okay from the outside but she is broken from the inside. Those people have tortured her so much. She told us everything what they did to her. She doesn't let anyone to close the door of my room when she is alone or with anyone.

She will be always in alert. If someone makes any sudden movement towards her, she starts getting anxiety. Even her anxiety level also increased.

She was scared that she might scare Luna when she sleeps with her. So she convinced Luna sleeping in other room saying she is a big girl. Luna was not convinced at first but she listens to her mom.

It was a good idea making her sleep in seperate room from Angelina. I am sure my babygirl would be scared. But I am here for Angelina. She tried to talk to me but I didn't bulge from my decision of being there for her.

She wakes up with ears piercing scream thrusting her hands and legs around. Few days it was difficult to control her. But now I know how to calm her. Her bruises have faded away and her leg look good. In two days her cast will be removed.

I kissed her forehead and got up from the bed without distrubing her. I went inside the bathroom and did my business.

I came out of the bathroom and changed into my workout clothes. I looked at Angelina one last time before leaving my room. I went to Luna's room infront of mine and looked at her. She was sleeping peacefully hugging her toy. I had changed her room for her liking. She was so happy with the change.

I went to the gym and started working out.

After working out for two hours, I went back to check on Luna. She was still sleeping.

I went back to my room and found Angelina looking out of the glass door lost in her thoughts. She had changed her clothes and her hair was wet. I found the towel on the bed. I took it and went towards her.

"Angelina" I called. She flinched but looked at me. I stood in front of her and started drying her hair with the towel.

"You should have slept for some more time. You didn't sleep properly last night" I said. She looked down at her feet.

"I am giving you so much trouble. Because of me you are not getting enough sleep. I told you I would sleep in...." I cut her off by pulling her towards me by the towel as our chest collide. I looked into her suprised wide eyes.

"I told you I will be there beside you. Didn't I?" I said caressing her cheek with my thumb "And I am not backing out of that" I continued. She sighed and looked away from me. She lifted her hand up to her hair which was reaching little down her shoulder.