Chapter 42

Angelina's pov

It was really good spending time Kai's parents. I spoke with Josephine most of the time. She was asking about Luna. I was more than glad to speak about her.

After that, we had dinner. The dinning table was filled with laughter. After dinner, I started cleaning the table taking the dishes to the sink. Josephine helped me inspite of saying no. She started doing dishes and I immediately went towards her.

"You shouldn't do this. You are the guest in the house" I said taking the plates from her and started washing it. She chuckled and took a dry cloth drying the dishes.

"I am surprised that my son is making you do work in this big house" she said.

"He really doesn't want me to, so he hired the maids. Only at night, I cook and clean the kitchen" I said. She nod her nod. Soon we finished.

"I will go and see what others are doing" she said. I nod my head before she went out.

I cleaned the counters and went out in search of others. But I only found Fernando dozing off on the couch in the living room. I went to him and shook his shoulder waking him up.

"Fernando" I called. He woke up and looked at me.

"I will show your room, you can sleep there" I said. He sighed standings up.

"Today was little tiring playing with Luna. And thank you for the dinner, it was delicious Angelina" he said smiling at me. I smiled back.

"Your welcome" I said.

We both went upstairs and I led him to opposite side of Kai's room. I told the maids before they left to clean a room for them.

As I showed Fernando their room, he went inside. I started walking to Luna's room.

When I turned at the corner, I saw Josephine standing outside Luna's room smiling to herself looking inside. I went to her and stood beside her. I looked inside and found Kai reading a book to almost sleeping Luna.

Josephine touched my arm gaining my attention and told me to come with her. She walked little far from Luna's room and turned to me as I stood infront of her.

"I didn't know my Kai would be this good looking after a child" she said smiling.

"He is just amazing" I said.

"I knew what he did to you at high school. He told me after you left Florida. I was mad at him, but he was determined to find you. To be honest, I haven't seen him get into relationship or found him date anyone. I was worried about him at some point. I did try to set him up for few dates, but it was of no use. I thought he was gay because he would always hang out with Thomas" she said making me laugh.

"But I am glad he found you. I haven't seen him happy for a long time. Thank you for being with him" she said. I shook my head taking her hand.

"You should not thank me. I should be the one to thank Kai. He was always there with me. He helped me out when I was at lowest and supported me in many things. And he is being a father that Luna never had. I am glad that the density bought us together" I said. She squeezed my hand smiling at me.

"I want to ask one thing" she asked. I nod my head.

"Who is Luna's father?" she asked.

"I rather not talk about him. I am glad he is not here" I said giving her a small smile.

I am really glad that he is dead.

"Fernando went to the room to sleep. Come on I will show you the room, you must be tired" I said.