Chapter 37

Angelina's pov

Kai and I walked inside Luna's room quietly trying not to wake her up. I have the birthday cake with the candles lit up and Kai's job is to wake her up.

We stood near her bed and Kai gently started to shake her shoulder.

"Babygirl wake up" he said. Luna groaned and turned to the other side. We chuckled at that.

"Come on babygirl wake up we have a surprise" he said again pulling her arms up gently. She groaned again but sat up on the bed. She rubbed her eyes with her hand and opened them looking at us.

"Happy Birthday" we both said together making her smile.

"It's my birthday today" she said standing on the bed jumping. We laughed at her.

"Come and make a wish baby" I said. She came towards me and stood infront of the cake closing her eyes. She opened them and blew the candles. Kai clapped his hands and helped her to cut the cake.

"Now off to sleep, we have an early flight in the morning" Kai said tugging her back to bed after eating the cake.

"Where are we going" Luna asked yawning.

"That's a surprise babygirl" he said kissing her forehead and mumbled "Good night". I did the same and went out to the kitchen. I placed the remaining cake in the refrigerator and took a glass of water to drink.

A lot has changed. Luna had started going to school for a month now. I was crying sending her off on the first day. She had grown up so much from being a tiny little baby to a school girl. I feel happy and sad at the same time. And now she is five years old. I want time to stop so that she can never grow up but that's not possible.

And Kai has been more supporting me with her. He is taking care of everything. We had many arguments about that but somehow he always wins. I think he is using Luna as a card on me intentionally. I can't believe my own daughter is taking sides now. Also he has been the best boyfriend.

He takes good care of me and Luna even with his tight schedule. He even let me work now but to my own flower shop. Yes, he bought me a flower shop where I have to manage the shop. I didn't agree at first. He and Luna stopped talking to me until I agree with his deal. I don't know how he manages to convince Luna to act with him. Eventually I agreed not able to see my baby's face sulking.

We have become very close now. His caringness only makes me want to fall in love with him more. I don't know how to say I love him. I am afraid he will reject me. I knew I fell for him long back but I realised it late. And I don't want to miss any chance to be with him. I want to show him my love.

It's been more than two months since I am back to New York after kidnapping. And my nightmare are still there. I get only once or twice in a week. The therapist I am seeing is really working for me. Kai suggested it to me after my cast was removed. I feel like I am getting my life back. No hiding, no running, I can live my life.

Kai asked me to make our relationship public, announcing to the media but I was not ready and still am. I still need time for that. I told him not to tell his parents, because I am scared. Scared they will not like me after they know my story and also I am a mom to a child. So I said him to keep it secret.

I don't know how I am feeling now or how I will be feeling all the day.

Happy or sad.

My thoughts were cut off by arms wrapping around my waist from behind.

"What are you thinking" he asked. I sighed leaning back on him.

"About Luna, you and everything. It still feels like yesterday that I carried her in my arms as a baby but now she is five years" I said looking at my hands. And also today is the sorrowful day of my life.