Chapter 116

November 2018
**YOUR POV**
„I can't believe I have a concussion. I thought I was fine." He huffed while I helped him get settled on the couch at home. Even though I knew I was being a little overly protective, I didn't think it was a good idea to let him walk up the stairs to our bedroom. Besides, the couch was surprisingly comfortable and big enough for both of us.

„I don't even remember hitting my head."

I nodded understandingly, placing my hand gently on his knee as I sat down next to him.

„You were in shock, honey." I said quietly as I looked at his arms that were lying on the couch next to his body. „You've got bruises on your arms." I gently rubbed my hand over his inked arm, interlocking my fingers with his.

He was spacing out, rearranging thoughts in his head and trying to figure out what to say to me. He knew I was going to worry no matter what, but he had to at least try to calm me down before I drove myself crazy.

„I know you're worried, but I swear I'm fine. I feel normal except for a little headache and the bruises."

I bit my lip and studied his face, noticing the little bump and bruise on his forehead as I pushed his hair back.

„Stop that. Grace, I can see you freaking out. Please, listen to me, baby."

I finally let his hair fall back to its original position as I locked eyes with him, and his hands reached over to take mine.

„Harry, don't you realize how lucky you are?" I practically whispered, sadness and worry in my eyes as I stared up at him.

He nodded slowly and smiled at me, giving my hand a gentle squeeze.

„When I saw that car and I thought of you driving..." My voice cracked as tears filled my eyes. As soon as Harry saw, he shook his head and reached out to cup my cheek in his hand.

„Hey, no tears...This is why I wanted you to pick me up down the street." He chuckled lightly and wipes the tears from my cheeks.

„Harry, I could have lost you. Avery could have lost her dad." More tears streamed down my face.

„But she didn't and I'm here, I'm right here." He said. „I know how scared you feel, Grace. I know it's terrifying to know that you can't protect me from everything, but sweetie, I'm perfectly fine, okay?" His eyes are wide as he stared at me, watching for a reaction.
He knew nothing was going to soothe my worry completely, but he hoped his reassurance could help somehow.

I nodded slowly and took a deep breath, feeling a little relief when Harry's arm wrapped around me and pulled me into his side.

„You're okay." I repeated, closing my eyes and feeling calm for the first time since he called me earlier.

„Now, can you relax, so I can cuddle with my daughter? He smiled at me and attenpted to get up.

„You stay right where you are on that couch, Styles!" I looked at him with a stern expression. „You heard the doctor you need to take it extremely easy for a while. I'll get Avery." I got up to get her out of her bassinet and laid her on Harry's chest. „Does that hurt you?" I asked just to make sure.

„No, it's fine. Hey my baby girl. How are you, princess? Daddy loves you so much." He smiled at her. „Oh no, tonight is that party." He sighed.

„The party is off, Harry and work too. You're not going anywhere for a while." I told him, sitting down next to him again.

„Alright fine." He breathed, letting Avery play with his rings. „I love you, Grace." He laid his arm around me, pulling me close to him.

„I love you more, Haz. I'm glad you're okay." I pressed a kiss on his cheek and rested my head against his cheek, watching our daughter play. „I'll make us something to eat since we didn't have lunch today." I left his embrace and took Avery with me to lay her back down as I saw he looked exhausted and didn't have the strength to keep holding her.

I quickly cooked some pasta, something Harry loved and didn't take a lot of time to cook.

„Here, eat some of thi- hey what are you doing? Lay back down." I commanded when I saw him walking around the room.

„Just went to the toilet." He told me, walking towards the couch.

„Wow, wow, easy." I ran to him when he suddenly started to lose his balance and stumbled. I grabbed his arm to steady him and slowly sat him back down on the couch. „What's wrong." I looked at him as he furrowed his brows.

„I just feel a little lightheaded." He said as I grabbed his legs and put them up on the couch so I could cover him with the blanket.

„Try not to move too much." I brushed his long curls out of his face and tucked them behind his ears before I pressed a kiss on his head. „Are you hungry?"

He nodded so I got back to the kitchen and brought him a plate of pasta. I snuggled close to his side and gently ran my hand through his hair. I breathed in his scent, the scent that made him smell like Harry, my Harry. I felt sick again at the thought of how he could have been injured a lot worse.

„Are you not hungry?" He looked at me as I watched him eating.

„No, I'm fine." I gave him a smile.

„But you haven't eaten since breakfast." He stated.

„I feel sick." I admitted.

„Grace darling, stop worrying, please." He sighed. „I'm not going anywhere." He smiled at me and I nodded.

„I wanna hug you." I silently said.

He put his plate down on the couch table and stretched his arms out. „Come here." He said.

I crawled into his arms and wrapped my arms around his body, squeezing him tight with my hands rubbing his back.

„Ow." He let out with a cute laugh.

„Sorry. I just want to hold you in my arms." I told him, kissing his neck.

„It's fine." He whispered in my ear.

„You do realize I have to wake you up every two hours to check on you as soon as you fall asleep, right?" I asked him.

„Yeah, I know." He sighed, knowing it will annoy him.

„I'll let you sleep now." I let go of him and pressed kisses all over his face. „I'm gonna call Anne and tell her what happened. See you in two hours." I smiled at him.

„Okay, love you."

„Love you too." I kissed his head again and went to turn off the lights so he could get some rest.
I did what the doctor told us and woke him up every two hours to check on him.

„How are you feeling?" I sat down next to him, placing my hand on his warm chest after I woke him up.

„Sore. My head is still pounding."

„I'll get your painkillers." I said.
The doctor told me he needed to do some exercises to see if everything was alright, so I let him do that and let him fall asleep again after that.