Chapter 29 - The Chariot (reversed)

"So, let me get this right. He finger-banged you and then you fell asleep?" Ally whisper yells beside me.

I groan, running my hands over my face, sliding lower into the bed, and discard my phone beside me. There is a reason I texted her about it just now instead of saying anything out loud. 

He is in the other room, just beyond the wall. And the wolf's hearing... impeccable.

"How could you have kept this from me for like what, three whole days?" She goes on in complete shock, mixed with excitement that clearly she is incapable of containing.

I pull my hands from my face, and my eyes cut to her. "Can you shut it?" I point to my ears and then behind me, towards the wall, and the person who lingers beyond it.

Her mouth finally snaps shut but does not remain that way. "Oh please, like he expects you not to tell your best friend."

"I am never telling you anything ever again," I grumble.

"Awh, look at you! You are turning so red!" she giggles. "Really, I need to show you a mirror. You are turning into a tomato."

"Seriously Ally. I am going to kill you." I grit my teeth, knowing full well how unbearably hot my face feels.

The little blond devil rolls her eyes dramatically. "Quit being such a prude. It's not like you are the only one getting any around here."

My anger drops a single decibel, replaced by curiosity. "What do you mean?"

She glances to the far wall by the door, and nods towards the other room.

"Charlie and Fallon?" I am now the one whisper yelling as I move to get a better seat in the bed.

Ally smirks and nods. "The other night I went to use the restroom and there was certainly some sexy witchcraft and wizardry going on in there if you know what I mean." She wiggles her eyebrows for dramatics.

I can't help but laugh, though I keep it as subdued as possible. I am still annoyed after all.

Ally continues. "And so I certainly am not the only one here who must have heard those fireworks." She tilts her head to the side, towards the other wall where Alaric is.

A sigh squeezes past my lips, and I shake my head.

"You know, the only one not getting any is me..."She pouts. "... and I guess Alaric." 

Grabbing my pillow, I hit her in the face with it. "Seriously Ally shut the fuck up."

She holds my pillow prisoner, hugging it to herself, and moves lower into the bed with a sing-song sigh. "Tell me, Emma. Was it magical? Was it everything you dreamed it would be?"

I groan because I am a hostage, and the blond devil knows it. Beyond the door is Alaric, and I certainly can not face him right now. It leaves me trapped with her.

Ally giggles as I lay flat on my back and press the heels of my hands into my eyes as I say a mantra to myself.

I will not kill my best friend. I will not kill my best friend. I will not kill my best friend. I will...

A hand takes one of my wrists, pulling it from my face, and Ally's stare meets with mine. "I am happy for you." Gone are all traces of foolishness from her voice. "You deserve someone who is invested in you, who will protect your heart."

"You hardly know him." I say, shifting to better view her. "Hell, even I don't know him all that well." How long has it been since he wondered into my life? It hasn't been that long and yet my world has turned completely upside down.