Welcome Distractions and The Chamber has been Opened

The following day Y/N and Hermione were stood on the outskirts of Hogsmeade with Hagrid. It was a very quiet Sunday morning and the two second years were stood with their hands linked next to the half giant. They were looking down at an ominous well.

"So the Kelpie is in there?" Hermione asked concerned

"So the Kelpie is in there?" Hermione asked concerned. Hagrid nodded:

"She is, and we need ta get this on 'er"

He spoke with an excited smile and held up a leather bridle.

"And until she has that on she's a man eater" Y/N said emotionless with a look of intense concentration on his face

"You're whispering with her?" Hermione asked with a worried tone.

"I am" Y/N replied, his eyes closed as his head turned on an angle.

"Wha' are ye gettin'?" Hagrid asked excitedly.

"Well, she's wondering how tasty I'll be. She's also not alone."

"There's two Kelpies down there?" Hermione asked with great concern.

"No... there's.... there's someone else there, but it's not quite a creature... it's... strange"

Y/N opened his eyes and smiled, kissing Hermione on the head. She wasn't going to like what came next.

He walked over and took the bridle from Hagrid, placing it over his shoulder as he sat on the edge of the well and swung his legs over.

"Y/N!?! What are you doing?" Hermione gasped loudly as she walked quickly towards where he sat.

"Hagrid won't fit. You're not going down there" Y/N answered calmly.

"Yeah but-"

Hermione was cut off as Y/N took her hand and kissed it.