Sean Monahan #1

~At the Scotiabank Saddledome~ 

Sean sits in his locker, trying to calm his nerves before his first NHL game.

He doesn't notice when the other guys file in and give him pats on the shoulder, telling him not to be so nervous. 

Yeah right he thinks. There's no way I'm not going to be nervous 

He nearly jumps out of his skin when he feels a hand on his shoulder, when he looks up he sees Mark Giordano.  

Giordano lightly shoves him out of the way and sits down.  

"I remember my first game, I was extremely nervous but once my blades hit the ice, it was just like it had always been. I felt like I was back home, just playing the game I've always loved. Just enjoy it, don’t worry about making mistakes tonight, you only have one NHL debut. Don't let nerves or fear get in the way of enjoying it, tonight is what you've worked your whole life to reach." he says. 

Sean sighs "Thanks Gio." 

Mark smiles "you're welcome Mony." 

~ The Flames take the ice, the first two periods are scoreless and so is the first half of the third.~ 

Sean gets the puck and begins the breakout, he passes back and forth with one of his linemates until they reach the offensive zone. He sails a pass back to Giordano, who rips it from the point and straight past the opposing goalie. 

Sean can't believe it, his first NHL game and he gets his first career assist. As the rest of the period comes to a close, he can't stop beaming.  

Back in the locker room, everyone congratulates him on a great debut and he couldn't be happier.