Beau Bennett #2

You and your boyfriend of 4 years, Beau, were getting ready for the Pittsburgh Penguins family holiday skate. Beau was excited because it would be the first time your 3 year old twins ,Easton and Breckin, tried skating.

Breckin:”Mama?”

Y/N:”Yes baby?”

Breckin:”Is skating fun?”

Y/N:”Skating is a lot of fun.”

Breckin:”If I good at it, could I play hockey like daddy?”

Y/N:”If you want to play hockey you can. Daddy and I will sign you up if that’s what you want.”

Breckin:”Okay.”

You get to the rink and are tying your skates while Beau helps the twins

Duper:(with his kids following behind)”Hey, there’s the Bennett clan! (Walks over to Easton who is eager to get on the ice) hi East, how are you buddy?”

Easton:”DUPER! I good, how you?”

Duper:”Doing alright. You being good for your mama and daddy?”

Y/N:(laughs)”They’re perfect angels when daddy’s around. Absolute terrors otherwise.”

Duper:(laughs)”That’s how kids are. (To Beau) feeling better yet Sunshine?”

Beau:(who had missed a week with the flu and hadn’t skated since)”Yeah. Feeling a lot better.”

Duper:(nods)”That’s good. Flu sucks.”

Beau:”Yeah it does. We’re lucky the boys didn’t catch it.”

Duper:”Yeah you are. (Sees his kids getting on the ice) gotta go, my brats are eager to get out there.”

Beau:”alright”

Duper:(walks away)

Beau:(finishes snapping on Easton’s helmet and starts snapping Breckin’s)

Easton:(starts to walk unsteadily to the ice, about to step on when Sid skates in front of him)

Sid:”Hey buddy. Mommy and daddy know you’re over here?”

Easton:(shakes head)

Sid:(picks Easton up)”Let’s go back so mommy and daddy don’t worry.”

Beau:(frantically searching for Easton, sees Sid walking over with Easton in his arms)”There you are! You can’t just wander off. (To Sid) thanks for grabbing him.”

Sid:”No problem. (Sees Breckin) hey Breck. You gonna skate?”

Breckin:(nods)

Beau:(finishes tying his own skates)”Alright, you boys ready?”

Easton:”YEAH!!! (Starts to walk away)”

Beau:”Easton Sidney Bennett, get your butt back here.”

Easton:(walks back to you and Beau)”Sorry daddy. “

Beau:(to you)”I’ll take Easton, you take Breckin?”

Y/N:”Sure.”

On the ice Easton and Breckin start moving hesitantly but after 15 minutes both have the hang of skating and are zipping around happily…. Until Easton falls on his knee and starts to cry

Beau:(goes over to Easton)”It’s okay buddy. (Picks him up and sits him on the bench) want daddy to look at it?”

Easton:(nods)

Beau:(lifts up Easton’s pant leg to reveal a little red spot on his knee)”It’s alright East, no big deal.”

Easton:(mumbles)”Kiss it better?”

Beau:”Easton, what did mommy and I tell you about mumbling? You need to speak up when you want something.”

Easton:”Kiss it better?”

Beau:”of course (kisses Easton’s knee and pulls his pant leg down) all better?”

Easton:”All better. You the best daddy in the whole world. I love you.”

Beau:”I love you too (tickles Easton)”

Easton:(laughs)”Daddy, stop.”

Beau:(laughs)”You want to skate again?”

Easton:(yawns)”I tired.”

Beau:”Alright. (Picks up the sleepy boy and comes over to you)”

Y/N:(holding a sleepy Breckin)”I think it’s time to get home and take a little nap.”

Beau:”Me too”

You get home and put the boys down for a nap

Y/N:”Breckin asked if we would sign him and Easton up for hockey.”

Beau:(smiles)”they’re still too young. Next year though….”

Y/N:”yeah. We’ll sign them up next year.”

Beau:”I’m glad they liked it. Even though Easton fell, he cried for a minute and then was fine.”

Y/N:”The true mark of a hockey player”