Woman

About a week had passed and you and Loki hadn't spoken much. You both continued being the happy, loving parents that you were in front of Seven and the rest of the Avengers but the charade faltered without the company of anyone other than yourselves. Progress had been made in relation to finding Scar thanks to the SHEILD team who had agreed to dedicate their time to finding Scar along with all their associates. So far, 4 bases had been raided which all contained a piece of a dark object which was evidence that there was possibly a weapon so strong that it had to be stored in separate pieces. There had also been many arrests made which which were being handled by a separate division. As the week went on, further tidbits from Natasha and Banners engagement party were released. They wanted to have a small gathering on Saturday with the addition of only a few outside guests as now wasn't the safest time.

When Saturday came, you woke up again searching your room for Seven which was ridiculous as she had her own room now, but this feeling of hopelessness usually accompanied you into consciousness after waking up. The same nightmare. The same feeling. The same dread. Jumping up, you flung open your door before seeing that Loki's door was open and Seven was in there with him. Stepping closer to it, you could hear him reading to her in an unfamiliar language as she pointed to the pictures. You smiled to yourself seeing them both.

"Good morning y/n." Loki said in English without looking away from the book. Whatever small smile that had previously graced your lips fell.

"Come here please." You asked, prompting a nod from him as he put Seven down along with the book and walked towards the door. Opening it wider, he looked down at you.

"Can you take Seven somewhere else tonight?" You whispered looking up at Loki.

"No, I need to be here. I need to protect you incase something happens tonight. Me and Seven will be fine here." He insisted whispering back.

"No, I don't want Sev in the compound during a party with drunken avengers and strangers." You said crossing your arms. "Besides, I don't need protecting."

"No?" He teased leaning towards you before his eyes dropped to your lips for a second before focusing back onto your eyes "fine, I'll take her." He said inches away from your lips before standing straight again leaving you near breathless.

"Can you still teleport to other countries?" You asked once you regained your ability to speak.

"Yes I can." He replied with a smile.

"Take Sev to Noah and Sophia tonight, they'll love to see her and there are already covert agents around the area ensuring that they're all safe." You instructed, silently thanking the connections you had made whilst previously working for the special intelligence forces in the UK before working with SHIELD, subsequently joining the avengers.

"I can look after her." Loki reminded matter of factly.

"I just told you I don't want her here Loki. Take her." You stated "oh, and stop off at a supermarket and pick up some things to take them in London, you know, home comforts." You said before turning away.

"You can't just order me around y/n." Loki said grabbing your hand, halting your movements. You rolled your eyes hearing the smile in his tone.

"Oh Loki, I can." You chuckled, freeing your hand and walking into your room feeling a small hand grabbing yours.

"Morning princess." You smiled.

After getting ready, you and Seven headed towards her room to pack some things to take to London. You had messaged Noah telling him that Loki would come today with Seven to which he replied with a shrieking voice note from Sophia and Izzy who had both missed Seven dearly. Rummaging through her wardrobe, you picked out some clothes for Seven and some dresses that no longer fit her but would fit Izzy perfectly. You were taken from your thoughts when you saw a picture of you Sev and Loki looking like the perfect family the people in the park thought you were. You were. Regardless of what Loki thought in his head, you were perfect. The short short time the three of you spent in London were a few of the best days of your life. Loki home, Seven having her dad, the three of you watching movies as you and Loki looked into each others eyes thankful that this was your life. That had to have been real.